First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
FreeBSD unmaintained ports which are currently marked broken
As part of an ongoing effort to reduce the number of problems in the FreeBSD ports system, we periodically notify users of ports that are marked as "broken" in their Makefiles. In many cases these ports are failing to compile on some subset of the FreeBSD build environments. The most common problem is that recent... 21 Jul 2010 02:42
Now OK (Re: cvs commit: ports/graphics/xpaint/filespatch-xaw3dgxft__Imakefile)
graphics/xpaint, which was previously failing is OK after this commit. Thanks for fixing it! A description of the testing process can be found here: http://T32.TecNik93.com/FreeBSD/QA-Tindy/ Thanks for your work on making FreeBSD better, -- QAT - your friendly neighborhood Daemon, preparing a heck of ... 21 Jul 2010 01:37
Fonts in linux-thunderbird
Howdy, I got tired of waiting for thunderbird 3.1 so I decided to give the linux version a try. Everything works fine, except for fonts. When attempting to change the fonts I can see the names of the fonts listed but changing it has no effect. I can change the size, but it's still the standard nasty sans-serif d... 23 Jul 2010 19:07
Wordpress outputs an empty page after ports upgrade
On Jul 19, 2010, at 11:11 AM, Yuri wrote: My e-mail to the maintainer of www/wordpress bounced. Please make sure there is the valid maintainer e-email specified for wordpress. Yuri Thank you for volunteering to continuesly scan the maintainer addresses whether or not they are still right an... 21 Jul 2010 04:51
portmaster packages and perl upgrade
I use portmaster on a build machine to make packages, copying /var/db/ports, and /usr/local/etc/ports.conf to all clients, and NFS mounting /usr/ports on the clients. Following UPDATING to do the perl upgrade on the build machine worked fine. When I go to any of the clients, it seems portmaster gets confused, he... 21 Jul 2010 14:43
Fwd: java/phpeclipse Build Failure
To port maintainer I posted the following on freebsd-ports last week but so far no response. Just wondered if you could shed any light on the following failure: (Thanks in advance for any help) David applyTestPatches: [patch] Hmm... Looks like a unified diff to me... [patch] The text leading up to ... 20 Jul 2010 06:59
HEADS UP: Workspace Switcher broken in 8.1
Many people are reporting the Workspace Switcher widget is broken when using FreeBSD 8.1. That is, they only see one workspace, and others cannot be added. The problem appears to only occur when GNOME is installed from the 8.1 package set, and when GDM is used to login to GNOME. The metacity package appears to... 20 Jul 2010 00:32
USE_PERL5_BUILD on perl-less system/jail Q
Is there an option somewhere to deinstall Perl after installing a port that specifies "USE_PERL5_BUILD=yes"? This is a PITA on jails and other systems with minimal software and strict disk limits. Applications using USE_PERL5_BUILD add non-trivial time and overhead to installations and upgrades, then don't remov... 19 Jul 2010 22:22
FreeBSD Port: samba34-3.4.8
Is anyone else reporting an issue building Samba 3.4.8 with winbind on FreeBSD 8.0? This is the output of the error I am getting when compiling. The output of uname for this systems follows. Thanks in advance for your help. Compiling winbindd/idmap_ad.c winbindd/idmap_ad.c: In function 'idmap_ad_unixids_to_sids':... 19 Jul 2010 17:58
OPTIONS and dynamic PKGNAMPREFIX, e.g. {APACHE, PYTHON,ETC}_PKGNAMEPREFIX (Was: ports/148637 ...)
Christopher Key <cjk32(a)cam.ac.uk> writes: A crude survey shows several ports with this problem, listed below. There appear to be three different solutions used in other ports: explicitly setting OPTIONSFILE, explicitly setting UNIQUENAME, and explicitly setting LATEST_LINK. If you can suggest which is t... 21 Jul 2010 20:14