From: David Taylor on
> I was thinking more along the lines proxy software on both ends of the
> wireless, where the user could define the method of encryption or set

Oh and of course you have changed the parameters, your original question
was whether it was possible to secure WEP and now it's not in the
picture. :)

Incidentally, the client software that I have in mind would require two
licences to be legal and the cost would exceed that of a home router
that did WPA.

David.
From: JM on
Setup VPN :-)

JM

From: David Taylor on
In article <9nkPf.31853$wl.17603(a)text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
JM(a)blueyonder.co.uk says...
> Setup VPN :-)

Bzzzt, cheating, that's not using WEP and requires an endpoint ;)
From: William P.N. Smith on
Ari <nomail(a)pass.com> wrote:
>David Taylor <djtaylor(a)bigfoot.com>wrote:
>>You could change the key every 5 minutes? :)

>the keys could be changed on a predefined schedule.

You guys are just reinventing WPA - TKIP
From: David Taylor on
> You guys are just reinventing WPA - TKIP

Nope, what I have will do AES256 client to client, can do wired/wireless
or both, already exists, nothing to be (re)invented :)

AP can be left completely open.

David.