From: David Taylor on
> Another option that might be worth considering for such is something like
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ryounger/workbench/secnet-openwrt.html

Doesn't run on his router, he doesn't want to buy another router.

Project Specification chaps!! :D
From: William P.N. Smith on
Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>Wireless routers with VPN endpoint built in:
> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FVG318.php
> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FWAG114.php

Will these terminate a VPN that originates with WiFi clients, or just
terminate VPNs that originate on the Internet? I've always thought it
was the latter...
From: Derek Broughton on
William P.N. Smith wrote:

> Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>>Wireless routers with VPN endpoint built in:
>> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FVG318.php
>> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FWAG114.php
>
> Will these terminate a VPN that originates with WiFi clients, or just
> terminate VPNs that originate on the Internet? I've always thought it
> was the latter...

It really shouldn't matter - an IP network is an IP network - but I confess
to being stumped trying to make it work on my WRT54G.
--
derek
From: Mark T.B. Carroll on
David Taylor <djtaylor(a)bigfoot.com> writes:

>> Another option that might be worth considering for such is something like
>> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~ryounger/workbench/secnet-openwrt.html
>
> Doesn't run on his router, he doesn't want to buy another router.

Sure, I just didn't want people getting the idea from the previous
article that one had to pay anything near $130 for VPN-on-router.

-- Mark
From: William P.N. Smith on
Derek Broughton <news(a)pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>William P.N. Smith wrote:
>> Jeff Liebermann <jeffl(a)comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:
>>>Wireless routers with VPN endpoint built in:

>> Will these terminate a VPN that originates with WiFi clients

>being stumped trying to make it work on my WRT54G.

What firmware? IIRC, the Linksys firmware doesn't terminate VPNs...