From: Ato_Zee on

> > Please, if anyone dit it with toilet paper printing, share your
> > experience - or at least your printer manufacturer and model :)

Tried the toilet paper manufacturers? I remember toilet paper
with nursary rhymes on it was popular, might have been
Izal brand, which was probably taken over. It had "The Cow
jumped over the Moon" "Three blind Mice" "Humpty Dumpty"
etc. As kids we used far more than needed to get to the next
rhyme, sold lots of toilet parer though. It was single ply,
not over absorbant, AFAIR litho printed, the ink didn't run.
There are a few museums of yesteryear, some on the
internet, ask if they have heard of it, hence the mfr.
It's probably easier to print before it becomes individual
rolls and sheets, bit like newspaper printing.
Ink from inkjet printers will probably spread by capilliary
action, so poor definition, and without a drying stage,
weak damp paper.
From: Arthur Entlich on
I recall there being lots of printed paper towels, napkins and yes, TP,
years ago. The TP (along with dyed colored stuff) went pretty much by
the waste-side (excuse the pun) because many women found the inks were
causing allergic responses on delicate areas. Also, from an
environmental and cost basis it didn't make a lot of sense.

Although most manufacturers don't print it on their labels, most TP is
made from post consumer recycled paper. A few advertise this fact and
sell their TP at a premium as "greener" TP.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Bill (Adopt) on
In article <qDt_k.2730$uS1.1070(a)newsfe19.iad>,
Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> wrote:

[..]
> Although most manufacturers don't print it on their labels, most TP is
> made from post consumer recycled paper. A few advertise this fact and
> sell their TP at a premium as "greener" TP.

Here, (in GB), we have a European-wide German Supermarket
chain of some repute named LiDL, (pronounced "Leedle"
rather than "Little"!), who produce a perfectly useable
cheap 'green' toilet paper which (or perhaps used to),
goes under the, (German to English translation label), of..

..."Recycled Toilet Tissue"..

We have long wondered what else is being recycled along
with the tissue.. ;'))

O:))

Bill ZFC

They also sold punnets of, "British Strawberries, (Produce
of Holland)", here in the UK! ..but never mind, we all
still bought and enjoyed them.. :))

--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
From: Phred on
In article <qDt_k.2730$uS1.1070(a)newsfe19.iad>, Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> wrote:
[snip]
>Although most manufacturers don't print it on their labels, most TP is
>made from post consumer recycled paper.

I don't like the sound of that. ;-)

>A few advertise this fact and sell their TP at a premium as "greener" TP.

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE(a)THISyahoo.com.INVALID

From: measekite on
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:36:30 +0000, Michael J Davis wrote:

> Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> was inspired to say
>>You'll need a printer that can print on continuous roll, and be
>>assisted in re-rolling the paper after printing, won't get head clogs
>>from very dusty paper, has a paper transport that isn't likely to jam
>>or tug too much on the weakened paper, be able to handle a paper that
>>is very absorbent, and poorly held together. Further, the ink needs to
>>be waterproof when dry, if this is to be actually used "appropriately"
>>or people will per somewhat upset with the color transferring to
>>inappropriate body parts.
>>
>>I'm not sure most inkjet printers will provide you with the proper
>>printing technologies, but best of luck. If you find such a beast, let
>>us know.
>
> [Art I do wish you'd not top post, it makes replying more difficult to
> follow.]

And you think the holy one cares about what you think.