From: cip on
Hello everybody,

For one of our customers we need to make some custom toilet paper.
It's about 100-150 rolls of tp.

We have some printers in the office, but there are large sized and the
vacuum is too strong and jams the paper.
But there should be some printers to do the trick.

Searching on Google, I've found only about these 2 printers:
- RSStroom: http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/08/rsstroom-reader-concept-prints-up-toilet-paper-news/
but nobody sells it, and
- Epson Stylus Photo R1900 may be ok, but I'm not sure at all

Please, if anyone dit it with toilet paper printing, share your
experience - or at least your printer manufacturer and model :)

Thank you,
Ciprian
From: Arthur Entlich on
You'll need a printer that can print on continuous roll, and be assisted
in re-rolling the paper after printing, won't get head clogs from very
dusty paper, has a paper transport that isn't likely to jam or tug too
much on the weakened paper, be able to handle a paper that is very
absorbent, and poorly held together. Further, the ink needs to be
waterproof when dry, if this is to be actually used "appropriately" or
people will per somewhat upset with the color transferring to
inappropriate body parts.

I'm not sure most inkjet printers will provide you with the proper
printing technologies, but best of luck. If you find such a beast, let
us know.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Michael J Davis on
Arthur Entlich <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> was inspired to say
>You'll need a printer that can print on continuous roll, and be
>assisted in re-rolling the paper after printing, won't get head clogs
>from very dusty paper, has a paper transport that isn't likely to jam
>or tug too much on the weakened paper, be able to handle a paper that
>is very absorbent, and poorly held together. Further, the ink needs to
>be waterproof when dry, if this is to be actually used "appropriately"
>or people will per somewhat upset with the color transferring to
>inappropriate body parts.
>
>I'm not sure most inkjet printers will provide you with the proper
>printing technologies, but best of luck. If you find such a beast, let
>us know.

[Art I do wish you'd not top post, it makes replying more difficult to
follow.]

Just to say, there was - many years ago - in the UK some novelty papers
printed with crosswords.

I'd advise the OP to approach the TR manufacturers - they'd know!
(But go to the factory, not the PR departments!)

Mike

--
Michael J Davis
<Please note that the Reply-To: address will remain in use for at least 30
From: IntergalacticExpandingPanda on
On Dec 5, 3:17 am, Arthur Entlich <e-printerh...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> You'll need a printer that can print on continuous roll, and be assisted
> in re-rolling the paper after printing, won't get head clogs from very
> dusty paper, has a paper transport that isn't likely to jam or tug too
> much on the weakened paper, be able to handle a paper that is very
> absorbent, and poorly held together. Further, the ink needs to be
> waterproof when dry, if this is to be actually used "appropriately" or
> people will per somewhat upset with the color transferring to
> inappropriate body parts.
>
> I'm not sure most inkjet printers will provide you with the proper
> printing technologies, but best of luck. If you find such a beast, let
> us know.
>
> Art

http://www.jeremyinc.com/
http://www.liquidshirts.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CustomTP
http://www.printedtp.com/

I'm not sure I'd actually want to use this stuff, but clearly it's
possible.

When I first saw this post, this seemed like a job for a professional
printing house. If not a printing house, then something like Scotts
1000sheet/roll would likely be a good bet rather than the multiply
quilted stuff. I wouldn't want to use Scotts my self let alone Scotts
with inkjet ink on it.

Presuming 4 inch x 4 inch square (not sure the size), that's 4000
inches, 333.333 feet, 125 yards. I did read recently about some hacks
for Epsons to get them to print beyond their max length, it basically
involved printing a page, and printing another without a page break
IIRC.

I've seen the HP K850 used with tissue paper, but a backing material
was used.

From: Michael Johnson on
You need to find an assjet printer to print on toilet paper. the
resolution might be lacking though.