From: Claire on
That is misunderstanding.
The folder in question is not being created during the setup but on the
first run of the app.
There is not "different user" involved.
I do not understand.
Thanks,
Claire

From: Nobody on
> That is misunderstanding.
> The folder in question is not being created during the setup but on the
> first run of the app.
> There is not "different user" involved.
> I do not understand.
> Thanks,
> Claire

UserA runs the app for the first time and the folder is created. By default,
the creator/owner has read/write access to it, others read only. UserB runs
the app later, but only has read access because he is not the creator/owner.
To make UserB access the file or folder for read and write, the folder and
permissions on that folder must be set at install time(because setting the
permissions requires administrative privileges) to allow everyone write
access.

> "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
>> "Claire" <replyto(a)fra> wrote in message
>>> Nobody has addressed that part of my post when I said I cannot recreate
>>> that problem on my computer.
>>> Please guide me what settings should I have in my Vista to trigger that
>>> error?
>>> So far, I tried all possible combinations /standard user/UAC on-off/ and
>>> I do not have that error!
>>> I have Vista Ultimate.
>>> Can you please explain why I do not have that error?
>>> Claire
>>
>> Use one login ID to create the folder, and another to write to it. Don't
>> change the group membership of your account to do this, you must create a
>> different standard user, probably form Control Panel-->User Accounts or
>> similar icon.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: Sorting UDTs