First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
Sql Server / Access query source code
Is there any compatibility between the queries from Access and Sql Server? Like I have a system that needs to migrate the database and the queries from the source code, I can use DTS to migrate de database from Access to Sql Server but what about the queries? Will Sql Server understand them or I'll have to chang... 23 Mar 2010 11:20
what is the boot record of the database file? & TDE
Hi, I've just been reading an article about TDE, in the article I came across the following sentence The database encryption key that is created in the user database, in which TDE has been implemented, is included in the standard database backup. It is stored in the boot record of the database file so that i... 23 Mar 2010 05:39
SQL Server 2005 Stored Procedure Performance
Performancewise, is there a difference between your cursor loop/update stored procedure and c# program, residing where sql server is, that does the same? Thanks in advance ... 24 Mar 2010 06:37
Function or insert/into temp table
I have rewritten a function that calls a function recusively that passes back a table from a stored procedure. It now seems that I have to call that procedure over and over from another list that I get from a common table expression. Something like: with MyCTE as { .... } INSERT INTO #Temp SELECT Accou... 22 Mar 2010 21:50
Using table valued parameters to delete and update a table
I know how to insert into a table using table parameters, but how do you delete/update with them? ... 23 Mar 2010 14:50
recurring balance?
Hi, I have a table below for tracking the Education Allowance for each employee. Each employee will receive an annual allowance of USD600. If the employee made the first request of 200, the remaining balance would be 400. When the employee request second request of 150 then the balance would be 600 - (200 + ... 25 Mar 2010 13:50
test
-- Jay Konigsberg SQL Server DBA in Sacramento, CA http://www.linkedin.com/in/jaykonigsberg Live in Sacramento, CA? Join the Sacramento SQL Server User Group on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2825448&trk=anet_ug_hm&goback=%2Emyg ... 21 Mar 2010 13:52
5th business day.
5th business day. This is goofy but I needed something that didn't use loops (for a user friendly system called ARGOS that just uses stock SQL) and I didn't want to add a function. So I run the report every day and add this to the where statement. Sorry about the formatting (from cut paste). If you don't get it, m... 19 Mar 2010 17:50
5th business day with stock SQL/no function/no loops.
5th business day. This is goofy but I needed something that didn't use loops (for a user friendly system called ARGOS that just uses stock SQL) and I didn't want to add a function. So I run the report every day and add this to the where statement. Sorry about the formatting (from cut paste). If you don't get it, m... 19 Mar 2010 17:50
remote database needs prefix database in sql
Hey All, I'm trying to write some SQL for a remote sql05 database and it requires me to prefix any table names with the database name. Is there anyway around this, kinda clutters up the sql, i think. thanks, rod. ... 19 Mar 2010 17:50