First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
TOP clause
We have some Select statements that have TOP 10000 in them and they used to have ORDER BY clauses in them but we took them out. We are also taking out the TOP 10000 out as well. I assume this doesn't really affect performance (with or without the clause)? It will never hit 10000. Thanks, Tom ... 7 Apr 2010 19:11
How to Convert Char to Datetime
Hello. I am trying to use DATEDIFF here. DATEDIFF(day, getdate(),CONVERT(varchar, tblMain.dtOpen, 101)) I got the following error: "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value." It appears that I need to convert "tblMain.dtOpen" into datetime format... 6 Apr 2010 18:45
DB Connection Pooling
Hi, I am connecting to SQL Server 2005 via .NET application using connection pooling. My question is when looking at my connection in sys.sysprocesses, my login_time is always changing when I run a query, but the spid stays the same. Is this correct if pooling is used? I'm wondering if my pooling is working c... 6 Apr 2010 14:12
SSRS 2008
I m using SSRS 2008. I Have an Boolean Type Parameter While View Taht Report it Shows Two Values True or False as Radio Button.Is Their is Any Way that I Can Change Text of these True False Radio Button as Yes,No Or Any Other Text.I Tried it But I Got result in Form of DropDown.I Just Want to Change Text For Thes... 6 Apr 2010 08:35
Fail to attach DB in windows 7
i wrote a program with C# to attach database in windows 7, but i get the error message: "the log cannot be rebuilt because the database was not cleanly shut down" following is the SQL statement sp_attach_single_file_db @dbname = 'Test',@physname = 'c:\temp\test.mdf' ... 6 Apr 2010 08:35
Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see c... 8 Apr 2010 09:30
Date Difference Between 2 Rows for Readmission Calculation
Something like this should work for you... ;WITH Subselect AS ( SELECT PatientAcct, AdmissionDate, DischargeDate, Facility, RowNumber = Row_Number() OVER(PARTITION BY PatientAcct ORDER BY AdmissionDate ASC) FROM TestReadmission ) Select PatientAcct, AdmissionDate, DischargeDate, Facility, RowNumber, Days =... 6 Apr 2010 09:42
Cann't find ' sys.dm_sql_referenced_entities '
I meant to include this link that gives a few other options to consider. http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1294 -- RJ Roberts DB Architect/Developer "Dan" wrote: I wanted to check object dependencies using ' sys.dm_sql_referenced_entities '. However, I get the erROR "Invalid object name '... 6 Apr 2010 15:21
Temp tables vs Permanent table with deletes
I am looking at changing about 10 procedures that use a Permanent table for nothing more than temporary storage to load and store various records from a select statement and run a Join on this table to update other records. It then deletes all the records it put into the table. The table is used by multiple p... 9 Apr 2010 19:01
better to filter on join or where clause
If you have something in your where clause that could be put in the inner join would it be better there? SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key Where b.status <> 15 and b.status <> 20 or SELECT * FROM tableA a JOIN tableB b on b.key = a.key and b.status not in (15,20) Any difference? ... 6 Apr 2010 23:11