First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Check constraint with a scalar UDF not working
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Orders]( [ID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [Title] [nchar](10) NOT NULL, [Order_Status] [nchar](10) NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_Orders] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ( [ID] ASC )WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS ... 16 Apr 2010 00:47
T-SQL cursor - Variables in an email body
You have to use nested REPLACE function calls: SET @pbody = REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(@email_body, '{0}', @Operator), '{1}', @Vehicle), '{2}', @PM_letter), ... 13 Apr 2010 18:30
T-SQL cursor - Variables in an email body
Hello, I am working on some code off a blog to use sql-mail to send email notifications to users - the issue I have is in these two sections: -- eMail Variables -- DECLARE @email_subject nvarchar(1000) DECLARE @email_body nvarchar(max) SET @email_subject = N'Fleet Notification - Vehicle Maintenance Due' ... 13 Apr 2010 18:30
Alter a Primary Key
I need to alter a primary key on a SQL 2000 table and make it a clustered index as well. When I try to do it through EM it gives me the error "Cannot convert a clustered index to a non clustered index using the drop existing." Even though I am trying to go to a clustered index. How would I do this through SQL.... 13 Apr 2010 18:30
Create Adjancency Model From Flat Data?
Colonel Celko, Which of your books details nested sets best, including creating one from scratch and populating multiple "nests"? Thanks. On Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:33:10 -0800 (PST), --CELKO-- <jcelko212(a)earthlink.net> wrote: � You may find the difficulties with maintaining a nested sets hierarchy is not w... 13 Apr 2010 22:57
Update Column with Restricted Collation?
SQL Server 2008, server and database are both set to default Latin CI collation. Some characters are in there that are not valid for consuming systems. I would like to write a SQL-Update that will replace the varchar value with a value with a "restricted collation" like ASCII 7-bit so characters not on a standard U... 14 Apr 2010 02:14
Limiting a column to certain values
I have a table that contains PLSS information and want to restrict the columns to certain values. Since there is a pattern in what they are restricted to, I wonder if there would be an easier way than to create a lookup table and use a constraint. For instance, my values for one field is limited to 3 characte... 13 Apr 2010 12:50
Logical Error Very simple I'm sure!
Hi Guys, Ok I have a data table containing duplicate Reciept numbers and a transaction value for each record, I need to simply list the total for each unique Reciept number, this is obviously a simple problem but I am missing something. Any help is much appriciated " SELECT Gf_Receipt_number AS Reciept, S... 13 Apr 2010 09:29
Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like t... 12 Apr 2010 21:29
ActiveMQ uplock preventing transaction log backup and truncation.
Using ActiveMQ (JDBC Master Slave), On startup one master grabs an exclusive lock in the broker database - all other brokers are slaves and pause waiting for the exclusive lock. The lock the master is grabbing is an updlock/rowlock. the database transaction log is growing from normal use in the database, and we... 12 Apr 2010 17:03