First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
When does a query/subquery return a NULL and when no value at all,
Hi Maybe you have to use count(somthing) to find out if there are any rows. CASE WHEN count(*) = 0 THEN no row ELSE rows END Regards Frank Uray "trubar a" wrote: hi a) If a query/subquery doesn't find any matching rows, then it either returns NULL or no value at all, th... 28 Apr 2010 09:29
decimal problem
Hi all I a very strange effect when using different decimal settings and calculating some values: DECLARE @Decimal1 decimal(5, 2) DECLARE @Decimal2 decimal(30, 2) SET @Decimal1 = 0.2 SET @Decimal2 = 0.2 SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15), 0.000000000322900) * (1 - @Decimal1)) SELECT (CONVERT(decimal(15, 15... 28 Apr 2010 10:36
Update and locking
Hi, i have many different users(50) at the same time, which create updates on the same table - each user on different rows. Is it possible that all updates are executed at the same time? Because, now, I guess, when first user create update, the all table is locked and others must wait. What setting should i put... 28 Apr 2010 10:37
Concatenate with delimiter
I have some text that I need to concatenate, but with a delimiter. Three strings, A, B, C, where A and C are complicated expressions and B is a space-dash-space. I want the separator only if BOTH A and C are non-empty, otherwise only A or C (or nothing, if they're both empty). I've been playing with IsNull and... 28 Apr 2010 10:36
High performance database messaging or pushing
Hi, All: I am glad to announce that SocketPro now fully supports high performance database messaging or push within your database MS SQL server, Oracle, MySQL or DB2 with use of triggers, stored procedures and SQL statements. For a short development guide, see the site http://www.udaparts.com/document/artic... 27 Apr 2010 21:20
Announcing a new chemistry search engine for SQL Server
Hello all, I wish to announce a new plugin for SQL Server designed to integrate various kinds of chemical search operations and other chemical functionality into ordinary relational databases. The product existed before as a cartridge for Oracle database, and now it is ported to Microsoft database technology. ... 27 Apr 2010 19:06
Recommendations Reporting Services 2008
Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS 2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. Your response is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/201004/1 ... 27 Apr 2010 15:40
INSERTED table no holding exact float value
Hi All, I have a table A with a float column and a trigger to write to a log on inserts to table A. I am using the sql INSERTED table to get the value of the float column, and insert it into a varchar column in the log (cant be changed, its generic and used for multiple tables). I am having a weird issue where ... 27 Apr 2010 16:49
Simple division is not returning actual value
Hi, I know I'm making a mistake somewhere, just not sure where. I'm dividing 67/14 and want to get the result as 4.78 -- I'd be OK with 4.79 which is the result I'd get if the last digit was rounded up. When I do SELECT CAST((67/14) AS DECIMAL(3,2)) I'm getting 4.00. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, ... 27 Apr 2010 13:21
Team Foundation Server and SQL Server
We're planning to go to a version control system (probably TFS) that integrates with Visual Studio and also allows us to easily manage our database objects, especially stored procedures. Does any know if TFS integrates with SQL Server? If not, what do the forum members use to handle version control on stored proced... 27 Apr 2010 12:13