First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
Word page templates in SSRS, and creating a summary page in SSRS
Hi, I will design a SSRS report that is supposed to be dynamic pages, meaning that some pages should be displayed and some not. I was thinking in creating few template pages, and based on the configuration, provided by the database, use the appropriate page templates for each pages, seeding the information ac... 29 Apr 2010 15:49
How to Exec Stored Proc Param from Flat File
Hi there, I created a table with two columns FirstName and LastName --MyTable CREATE TABLE [dbo].[myTable]( [FirstName] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [LastName] [nvarchar](50) NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] GO Then I created a Proc with paraters for inserting FirstName and LastName --DynamicParam Create Proc usp_DynamicPar... 30 Apr 2010 12:51
Importing Excel 2007 into XML Data for Shredding?
I have some many Excel 2007 files with several thousand rows. I only need one column from each .xlsx file to get into a SQL Server 20008 table.. Since the .xlsx filetype is XML, I thought it would be cool to bring each .xlsx file into a temporary table, shred it using an XML query (or XML-index it even on value),... 28 Apr 2010 20:53
Using sp result of SELECT
I have a stored procedure in a database in SQL 2008 that has multiple SELECT statements with UNION ALL to get a combined result set. I would like to take the result set and group it by 1 of the columns (ServiceID) and SUM the TransAmount column in the returned set (possibly in another sp). What is the best wa... 28 Apr 2010 15:11
Join via srting of integers
Hi There are two tables one with a varchar column with strings of integers that relate to the other table's ID column I need to produce a join and result set Here is some set up code describing the two tables with data and a third table showing the needed results. I also have a function that returns a table of... 28 Apr 2010 18:37
SELECT vs SET
Is there any difference in setting a declared variable value using SET or SELECT? See example below as both get the same result. Thanks. DECLARE @Branch int; SELECT @Branch = Branch FROM dbo.PeopleLink WHERE PeopleLinkID = @ClientLinkID; -or- SET @Branch = (SELECT Branch FROM Branches WHERE PeopleLinkID = ... 28 Apr 2010 23:08
Linked Server Hanging
Hi, I'm having a problem with an Oracle linked server that I'm attempting to connect to from SQL Server 2008 (64-bit Windows 2008). When attempting to use the linked server or even right-click it in SSMS and select 'Test Connection', SQL Server hangs completely and it requires a restart of the physical server th... 28 Apr 2010 14:02
When does a query/subquery return a NULL and when no value atall, not even a NULL?
trubar a wrote: hi a) If a query/subquery doesn�t find any matching rows, then it either returns NULL or no value at all, thus not even a NULL value. Based on what criteria does a query or a subquery return a NULL and when doesn�t it return any results, not even a NULL value? The subquery alwa... 28 Apr 2010 11:45
Issues with Select statement doing 'simple' math
Hello, I have tried numerous solutions to what should be a simple issue, but I have had no success. I am trying to gather some simple math values from a single table, and I cannot create the proper select statement. The below query works and provides the correct values: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT MAX(DistCode... 28 Apr 2010 11:45
Deleting Duplicate records in SQL Server
The query will be composed this way:- WITH TempUsers (FirstName,LastName, duplicateRecordCount) AS ( SELECT FirstName,LastName, ROW_NUMBER()OVER(PARTITIONBY FirstName, LastName ORDERBY FirstName) AS duplicateRecordCount FROM dbo.Users ) DELETE FROM TempUsers WHERE duplicateRecordCount > 1 GO In... 28 Apr 2010 09:29