First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
CLR Threads
Hi all I have many CLR (C#) functions in my SQL Server. In these functions I am also using Threading. Is there any possibitity to see what threads are currently running ? Thanks and best regards Frank Uray ... 5 May 2010 11:33
VMWare and SQL Server in Production
Is it a good idea to host a SQL Server on Virtual machines with vmware and vmotion? -- Shiju Samuel ... 6 May 2010 08:34
What are the advantages of a query using a derived table(s) overa query not using them?
Another example is using the PIVOT operator. If you write a query like this: SELECT <columns> FROM Table PIVOT (SUM(col1) FOR col2 IN (...)) AS P; In this case the PIVOT operator will add grouping by all columns from Table that are not used as arguments for PIVOT (col1, col2). Using derived table this can ... 4 May 2010 19:06
DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'... 5 May 2010 04:58
Build a date value
I have a stored proc that gets sent a month and year and I would like to turn it into a date using the day as 1. When I try it I get an error 'Explicit conversion from data type int to date is not allowed.' Below is my stored proc. Any help or alternative is appreciated. ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[mc_selPTODetail... 4 May 2010 19:06
Query Question - SUM
Please see the sql code below. What I am after is Sum of [RiskCount]. But due to the join, I get double counting and consequently wrong SUM. Is this an inherent limitaion of Sql? Can be it solved without breaking up the sql into two parts? Thanks for reading this post. CREATE TABLE #Location ( LocationID ... 4 May 2010 19:06
images in select query
I have images in a folder and path is saved in a table called art_master i want to insert images in a field in select query im using sql 2008 Thanks ... 4 May 2010 10:06
How to list all machines currently connected to SQL Server
> I tried querying the sys.sysprocesses view, but quickly realized that this view only tracks host names for processes that have been initiated by a domain account (and please feel free to correct me if my assumption is wrong). I would definitely like to find a better way of listing all machines that cu... 3 May 2010 20:57
bcp/bulk insert of csv file that contains comma
How would I be able to insert data from a csv file, wherein, part of the value contained for a field, includes a comma (,)? For example, in a csv file containing three values, delimited by a comma, but one of them has commas defined as part of its value. How can I ensure that bcp/bulk insert interprets that as... 4 May 2010 10:06
XML Data Type Limitations
I saw that in SQL Server 2005 the xml data has a limitation of 128 levels in the xml itself. I cannot find anything listed about this for SQL Server 2008. Is there a limitation in 2008 also? ... 3 May 2010 07:39