First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70
Database Publishing
My local sql express database connection string look like this: <add name="BazaConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Baza.mdf;Integrated Security=True;Connect Timeout=30;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> And works fine. ... 7 Apr 2010 13:32
What does "Invalid pseudocolumn "$v"." mean?
I know what caused it and i can fix it but i am curious why there is an error message for this failure. Does anyone know? It is easy to reproduce SELECT $v FROM sys.columns sql2005 - SSMS syntax highligher even changes the color to blue. ... 2 Apr 2010 14:52
How to PIVOT this?
You have to apply first unpivoting and then pivot the data. Try this: SELECT col, January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December FROM ( SELECT M.[month], Actual_Month AS [Current YR Actual], Target_month AS [Current YR Target], ... 13 Apr 2010 17:22
LongText not supported as output parameter
Hi Sylvain, Thanks for your reply. 1. First of all for SQLNCLI10 it require Windows Xp Service Pack 3, please inform me if I will install Windows XP Service Pack 3 & use SQLNCLI10 then will nVarChar(Max) will work as output parameter using ADO parameters ? Because I tried with SQLNCLN as a provider but it g... 1 Apr 2010 21:22
Index Rebuild with ONLINE = ON causes major blocking
A possible explaination: You don't mention what version of SS 2008 you are using. I'm almost certain you need the Enterprise version to use the Online Index rebuild option. What I have seen in the past however is that it doesn't complain about the Online = On with a non Enterprise version it just goes ahead ... 31 Mar 2010 18:51
ORDER BY in derived table for update
If you have an update using an inner join of a derived table, does an ORDER BY in the derived table help you or slow you down. For example if you had something like: UPDATE Employees SET Names = , Addresses = FROM ##GobalTempTable gtt INNER JOIN ( SELECT TOP 1000 FROM ##GlobalTempTabl... 9 Apr 2010 13:25
Update a value in an XML column
I have an XML field in a table and want to update values in the XML. Can somebody point me to where updating a field in XML is actually understandable? TIA - Jeff. ... 4 Apr 2010 00:43
Declare in a view
Why does CELKO have to be a complete bastad when he answers a question? From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/113_2009_9_0_0_781883/Declare-in-a-view.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ ... 1 Apr 2010 10:10
LongText not suppoeted as output parameter
Dear Sir, I am using Visual Basic 6, ADO 2.5 & SQL Server 2005. In my stored procedure I am returning value of fields in output parameters to calling program ADO Parameters. It works fine for all data types but it display error following error message when data type of SQL Server nVarChar(Max) & data type ... 1 Apr 2010 12:24
Restore database using SMO
Hi! I have taken a database backup and want to restore that over an existing database using SMO (C#). The backup contains the datafile names of the backed up database but I want to use the datafiles defined in the destination database (just overwrite the data). I thought I could use the relocate files for t... 31 Mar 2010 08:45