First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Synonyms
We have a number of stored procs/functions in a support databse which looks to a production database for the data. Rather than do this in each procedure: SELECT col1 FROM ProdServer.dbo.MyTable We were hoping to create a synonym, say SourceDB, for ProdServer.dbo and prepend it to the table name like this: S... 21 Jun 2010 12:28
recursive call in TSQL
Please look at this article, using WITH cluase you can have the recursive call inside the sql. http://www.techiescraft.com/cte-(common-table-expression)-?-use-recursively_Article13.aspx Fred wrote: Find the parent of a set of children 04-Sep-08 Hello, I need to write a query for the following requir... 18 Jun 2010 05:53
RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was... 11 Jul 2010 18:12
Reporting Services And Object Data Source
Hi, I've a report with a object data source. I've a entity (A) with a property (b) that return an object (C) with other property (D). how can i put a property D in my report?" Thank in advance Giorgio ... 22 Jun 2010 00:42
Pivot in a Join
Can you do a pivot in a join where you pass a value into the pivot table as part of the query? In the following example, I am trying to do my pivot select using a value from the first table (TABLE1), but when I use Value1 in my pivot table, I get an error Invalid Column. I also tried Table1.Value1 but got ... 17 Jun 2010 23:23
how to delete/archive huge data from a table without much issues!
Have a table which sales data from the year 2000. The Database doesn't seem to have any archival mechanism as of now. Now the mgmt feels they don't need data beyond last 'n' years. So delete all those data which is beyond 'n' years is a huge process as i feel it would fill up the transaction log. What would b... 20 Jun 2010 04:50
Removing duplicates in multiple tables
What is the easiest way finding duplicates records across all tables in a given database? I know this looks like a strange question. We found some duplicate records in few of the important tables within our DB. Now we just want to make sure duplicates doesn't exist in any of the tables in that database. Any poi... 18 Jun 2010 17:59
Converting money type into varchar
Hi, I wrote a tsql statement to convert a money data into a varchar select convert(varchar,number,1) from table1 because I must send it through database mail. The result of the conversion is 20,340.00. Is there a way to get 20.340,00? Should I change the collation property of the db? Now it's set as ... 17 Jun 2010 16:47
Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? ... 17 Jun 2010 13:26
Create view to get data from multiple databases
I have 26 databases database, Database,......Database. I have a view as below that I want to modify so that it can get data from all 26 databases. I would appreciate some help on this. create view Unpostedallcompany as select cpnyid Periodpost, jrnltype, trantype,origcpnyid,acct,sub, perent,refnbr, trandate... 16 Jun 2010 23:14