First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Enforce Password Policy and Expiration. When?
Hello, When should I use "Enforce Password Policy" and "Enforce Password Expiration" on a SQL Login? I know that there is another option "User must change password at next login" but this one I always leave unchecked. Thank You, Miguel ... 16 Jun 2010 06:41
sql check by Idera
Just curious if SQL Check by Idera is a good tool? I was looking for something that is quick and easy to use to do a quick analysis of a databases performance and this sounded interesting. Thanks, tom ... 16 Jun 2010 03:27
64 bit MSDASQLfor Windows Server 2008
Hi all, Wondering if anyone has found the KB mentioned in 2008 as "not far away" and could post it here. I hope to find the MSDASQL driver for Windows server 2008, so far I can only find it for 2003. Any ideas? Thanks C Auri Rahimzadeh wrote: Think twice then before you force us all to 64-bit!!... 16 Jun 2010 05:36
Disallow viewing table definitions
SQL 2005 or 2008, how do you configure security to allow a user to SELECT data from a table but not view the table definition? I tried GRANT SELECT on both the table and schema, but that also allows viewing table definition. Executing REVOKE VIEW DEFINITION on either the table or the schema doesn't do it. The u... 16 Jun 2010 12:10
Is any group function which concatenates data?
Hello. In a query as follows I would like to concatenate data instead of aggregating in a field which is not a part of group clause. SELECT invoice_no, device_type, concatenate_text(device_serial),customer FROM t1,t2,t3,t4 WHERE .... group by invoice_no, device_type, customer Full data set without grouping ... 21 Jun 2010 01:31
Stored procedure timeout
Hello,i have a stored procedure that is called from an ASP.net page and it takes about 2 minutes to execute. When I run it from QA it takes about 10 seconds. the procedure which is not recompiled and it is in procedure cache. Thanks for your help. Jose Nadim ... 17 Jun 2010 17:54
for xml auto and synonyms
in SQL 2005 if you issue a select with for xml auto from a synonym with an alias, the returned xml will include the synonym's parent object instead of the alis name, but in sql 2008 this works fine. for example create synonym syscolumns_test for msdb.dbo.syscolumns go select name from syscolumns_test test for ... 18 Jun 2010 17:59
splitting of data elements - help in best way forward
Not sure of the best way to approach this so I thought i'd seek help I have been asked to split a contact name column in a database to its corresponding parts Title Firstname / forename Surname Letters after name e.g. BSc and Joe, its not my database so I can do without the usual 1FN / bad designs lectu... 16 Jun 2010 13:17
Using "WITH TIES" SQL Clause
If we are using SELECT TOP N query, then it returns exactly N records, and drops any record arbitrarily that has the same value as the last record in the result set. Suppose we want a report showing top 50 costly items. There may be a situation in which the price of 50th item is same as one or more items down the li... 15 Jun 2010 04:22
Browse - How to Remove Duplicate Items
This is probably a simple question and handle. I've got a Browse list that contains duplicate data in one of its columns. Is there a way, through the Browse control template's default behavior dialog settings to remove or filter out records that contain duplicate data in one of its fields? I've played with... 15 Jun 2010 02:12