First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Collect csv from ftp server and bulk import
Hi I need to do a daily routine where I collect a csv from an ftp site, which will always have the same file name but is overwritten each day and then bulk import the csv. The csv contains current job vacancies from an offline system, so old and non-current vacancies don't feature. Thus I need to drop the ol... 2 Jul 2010 03:42
SELECT question?
Hi, I want to retrieve data under some conditions like below; SELECT T.A,T.B FROM TABLE1 T WHERE T.X = PARAM1 AND T.Y = PARAM2 what i need to do is, to retrieve data ; 1) if no params (PARAM1 and PARAM2) entered 2) if one of the params (PARAM1 or PARAM2) entered 3) both of the params (PARAM1 and PARAM2) e... 1 Jul 2010 04:32
Select only columns with contents
Hi, i have a table with over 20 columns. I need a select statement what return only columns with contents I hope you understand it. My english isn't so good Thanks SQL-Server 2000 ... 30 Jun 2010 14:16
Detect Valid Full backup
To detect if there is a valid Full backup exist, before starting a log backup I check of the LastBackupDate is filled. Sometime this give the following error. Error.Message : BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup. BACKUP LOG is terminating abnormally. Error.Source : .Net Sql... 30 Jun 2010 17:37
Service Broker Check after Receive?
If this is the wrong place to ask, please redirect me. I have a table with an after insert trigger that takes some stuff from the OUTPUT clause, converts it into XML, and then dumps that into a Service Broker queue. I have an external activation queue setup so the message can get sent to an external .NET app li... 7 Jul 2010 14:36
Using Machine name in DOS Batch
Hello, I am running a script against a list of SQL Servers using a DOS Batch file. The .bat generates one output file per SQL Server instance. I can use the destination SQL Server names in the output file names, but I can not use the destination machine names. It brings the lcal machine name and use it on all ... 30 Jun 2010 10:54
Help with SQL partitions
Sorry for the cross post. No one in the other group ever responded so i'm not sure if it's a lightly read one. i am using sql server 2008 and i'm new to partition functions i have 3 tables, all have dates that i want to partition on. is it considered bad practice to have them all share the same partition sch... 30 Jun 2010 22:02
Change RDL file datsource
Hi, I have a report with a database and query associated. When I call this report from a windows forms aplication, how can i change the database and the query associated. Best regards, Manuel ... 29 Jun 2010 06:23
query problem
Dear all sql 2000 question i have two table create table tab1 (tno varchar(10), id_val varchar(20), ref char(2)) create table tab2 (tno varchar(10), id_val varchar(20)) in tab1 tno have multiple id_vals whereas in tab2 i have all tno values i want to update tab2 with max id_val against the ... 30 Jun 2010 04:21
Sum on Rounded column
Hello I have a column called 'Area' in my table which is rounded to 2 decimal places. The data to be stored in this column is rounded to 2 decimal places and then only inserting to the table. If I take a sum of this column the result is not rounding to 2 decimal places. Why is that? How is sum implemented on... 30 Jun 2010 01:06