First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
server was not found
cannot connect to **.**.**.** a network related or instance specific error occured while establishing aconnection to sql servee. the server was not found or was not accessible . verify that the instance name is correct and that sql server is configured to allow remote connection. provider:tcp provider, error:0-A ... 13 Jul 2010 10:54
Collecting data...!
Hi, can you explain me how can I do a service that collects some data when turns the day..? Example: today is day 13, when it'll be 2010-07-14 00:00:00 some mechanism must collect data from a source: a COM+ dll that when instanciated suppling the parameters like start date/time and end date/Time can bring the ... 13 Jul 2010 09:48
On Update Cascade. Should I use it?
Hello, When should I cascade on update or on delete? On delete I am cascading all relationships not including the ones with Lookup tables. But should I use it on Update? Thanks, Miguel ... 16 Jul 2010 16:36
SQL Server Ranking: Count Consecutive Values / Reset
Dear All, I have the following set of query results, the last column being derived using ROW_NUMBER and partitioned by TradDate, Account, PLInd using an OrderBy subclause in the OVER determined on EntryTime. The values for TradeNum are roughly correct except that I would want to calculate consecutive Winners an... 13 Jul 2010 09:48
error when trying to alter table in transaction
Hello there I have table which hold SQL script for alter modules I'm tring to run it one by one in try_catch inside of transaction and i'm getting this error: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction. why? ... 13 Jul 2010 05:27
MS SQL Insert Data from One table to another
Hi guys, After seeing the benefits one can derived in developing applications running on sql, I have tried my hands on some small application, but with some challenges, and I will be grateful if someone can help me out. I want the contents one table to be added to some specific fields in another table. for eg... 14 Jul 2010 08:46
Free Text Search issue ?!
Hi Friends, SQL 2008 FTS Why my FTS doesn't return the following data set while using like does ! Dataset 1: select * from lo_text lt where lt.title like '%123%' LEAD0123001002000X820001 CONS8123001001000X820001 Q2 Mandatory Training 2010 (123) Dataset 2: select * from lo_text lt where FREETEXT (lt.titl... 13 Jul 2010 10:54
Calculated Column Syntax Help?
> an adjacency list model. You also need to stop using IDENTITY and other non-relational, We've been here before and you failed to give an answer instead a grumble about me insulting you. Anyway, I'll ask again - why do you think the IDENTITY property is non-relational? It's simply a function that re... 15 Jul 2010 03:25
Scripting Full text Search
Hi Friends, SQL 2008 I need to be able to script the creating a full text index, in order to make it part of my deploy process to production. When I follow the wizard, there are not place to "script the changes" , what are my other options ? Thanks in advance, Pat ... 12 Jul 2010 17:25
Forget any DBMS database?
Question: RAM is getting cheaper every day. Researchers are announcing major breakthroughs in memory technology. Even today, servers with multi-gigabyte RAM are commonplace. For many systems, it's already feasible to keep all business objects in RAM. Why can't I simply do that and forget all the database hassle... 12 Jul 2010 14:04