First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Confusing varchar(max) ...
Hi all In the following script I have the two variables (...Max1 and ...Max2). Both SET are the same, except CONVERT(varchar(10), @MyInt1) and CONVERT(varchar(max), @MyInt1). On the result you see, len of max1 is limited to 8000. Funny is also: Add two spaces at the end of line SELECT ' + CONVERT(varchar(10),... 21 Jun 2010 14:42
how to delete/archive huge data from a table without much issu
Thx for the response Jeroen and Uri. Uri, is it advisable to run your sample query on a table which has 250million data in it and at the end of it I need approx 100 million only from it? How does this sound and pls let me know if you find any demerits in using this: 1. Move the data into a temp table 2... 21 Jun 2010 03:44
altering XML on sql server and getting information on them
Hello there I have an sql process which getting XML from one source or more. IT should get the XML and its attributes, nodes, ect and alter it to a diffrerent xml for example declare @XM xml set @xml = (select Product_id, product_name from products for xml auto) the result shoud be: <Products tot... 20 Jun 2010 17:52
String Manipulation Func
odeddror (odeddror(a)cox.net) writes: Thank you very much it works just fine but I found out that this is not Char(13) This is the little square look like this [] What is the Ascii char for this one? It sound like you are describing the generic fallback glyph which is used to present characters missing... 22 Jun 2010 21:34
A rather basic question I am sure...
Hi, Firstly I am not a SQL person.. so I am sure that this question is rather basic.. for that I am sorry.. I have been given the task to create a few reports, and with this I need to group some sales data. The table looks like : transID OrderID Orderdate sku qt... 20 Jun 2010 10:12
Machine Name change not being recognized by SQL
John, You did just became a hero (one of many though). thanks. "Neil W" wrote: When running this: master.dbo.sp_add_log_shipping_primary_database I get the following error: Msg 14262, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_add_jobserver, Line 88 The specified @server_name ('oldname') does no... 19 Jun 2010 12:23
basic join question
Hi, I have two tables, one being like an invoice header, and the other being like a detail table. The head table has one record for the invoice, but the detail table has many lines per invoice. Due to a bad design, the customer name for the invoice has ended up as a field in the detail table, and not the h... 21 Jun 2010 08:03
ddl not working in scrip
Hi, I have some script where i create a temp table in sql 2k5 such as create table #tmp ( usrlogin varchar(10) ) I then insert data into this temp table and run an alternate query that deletes some of the rows... Next i add an identity column so i can use it for a while loop as opposed to a cursor. ... 18 Jun 2010 17:59
ddl not working in scrip
Hi, I have some script where i create a temp table in sql 2k5 such as create table #tmp ( usrlogin varchar(10) ) I then insert data into this temp table and run an alternate query that deletes some of the rows... Next i add an identity column so i can use it for a while loop as opposed to a cursor. ... 19 Jun 2010 06:57
Trigger Syntax
Hi, I've written a trigger to capture a field I need when a record is deleted, and insert it into another table. The problem is I don't want this trigger to do anything if the field in question is null. I have written the following... ALTER trigger [dbo].[EEI_LedgerAP_Delete] on [dbo].[LedgerAP] for Dele... 18 Jun 2010 13:34