First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
xp_logininfo for a low privillage user.
Hi, I would appreciate some advice on the following senario. I would like to give a user access to "xp_logininfo" - the user is a low privilage user. Now, as I understand it, in order to run this xp, the user must be a sysadmin or be placed in the public role of the master database with execute permissio... 22 Jul 2010 05:58
set identity_insert not works for insert statement on SQL2008
Dear Experts, I skip all columns name and try a statement "insert into table1 select * from table2 where ...." but always prompt cannot insert IDENTITY_INSERT is on Table1 is the same column structure as table2 (actually I created table2 from running: select * into table2 from table1) I tried both SET I... 20 Jul 2010 04:51
Did you ever get your Excel to MSSQL merge working?
Just curious if you ever got your Excel to MSSQL merge working and what method you used. Sam wrote: Need help with bulk INSERT/UPDATE 24-Nov-09 Hi, In my ecommerce site, I want to give merchants a way to insert/update data in bulk i.e. ProductID and Price. It makes sense to use Excel sheets for this purp... 19 Jul 2010 16:53
Inserting data into denormalized table
Hi, I need to insert data from a normalized table into a denormalized one and wondered if there's a way to do it in the SELECT statement instead of using a cursor (the way I'd normally do it)? Table1 structured as: STUDENTID int GUARDIANID int FIRSTNAME varchar(20) LASTNAME varchar(40) RELATION varchar... 19 Jul 2010 19:05
Need help writing stored procedure
TraineeInfo Table TrainID Fname Lname 1 Barbara Johnson 1 Barbara Johnson Training Table TrainID Loc TrainDate Times MaxRmSize 1 ClassA 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 2:00 25 2 ClassB 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 11:00 15 3 ClassC 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 10:00 25 I wrote this ... 21 Jul 2010 01:37
Float Types Used as Primary Key on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a wa... 26 Jul 2010 20:30
Optional IN Clause parameter
I have a SQL Server 2005 stored procedure that will receive a series of valeus to be passed to an IN clause. Since IN clauses do not take parameters, I need to use a UDF like fnc_Parse2TableString() to parse the comma-delimited values into a table object as shown below: DECLARE @DeptNames varchar(max) SET @Dep... 24 Jul 2010 22:02
using schema in security mode
Hello there I have one database with 3 schemas: Public, Program, Product. there are 2 users: User1 - default schema Program, User2 - default schema Product None of these users are sysadmin or dbowner. they only grant to run procedures. Each of the procedures relate to schema are doing select from schema... 18 Jul 2010 09:28
MS SQL table update using view
Hello guys, Can some assist me on this small issue. I know for guys who have been in this field for a long time won't have any difficulty doing this. I have two tables and have used view to create a left join. so now I have the values both table one and tow displaying in the manner I wanted it to be. On the... 17 Jul 2010 04:29
thank you
thank you man its worked :) Derekma wrote: Brian, Unfortunately short of a clr proc or function you are unable to 25-Nov-07 Brian, Unfortunately short of a clr proc or function you are unable to directly export a query out to a file. If you are cutting and pasting then the reason your result s... 16 Jul 2010 03:25