First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
install sql server problem
I have SSPI error for the sql server, I could not solve the problem, so I uninstalled sql server 2005 and sql server 2005 express from add/remove programs. Then I installed sql server 2005 first. I got an error when installing sample application, it said I did not have administrator permission. Although I did n... 29 Jul 2010 08:35
Composite Index Creation Needed SQL 2008?
I have a table with only a simple int pk. I do a merge operation and need to compare several columns in order to know if I need to 'when not matched then insert'. There are 20,000 rows+ in the source table (a temp table) and a few million in the destination table. The table schemata are the same. I know the appr... 29 Jul 2010 08:35
Need help with sequel statement.
Give the table and business rules below, how can I get desired result showing below. I have a work around but I wonder if there is a better way to construct this query. Thank you very much in advance for your help. --SQL 2005 IF OBJECT_ID('Tempdb.dbo.#Temp', 'u') IS NOT NULL DROP TABLE #Temp GO CREA... 29 Jul 2010 11:54
single quotes issue
Hi, I am passing comma separated values to a stored proc within which that value is used something like this. select col1, col2 from tablename where col3 in (select * from FnStringSplitter(@strParam, ',')) it works fine as long as one of the string has a single quotes in it. I tried like select col1, ... 2 Aug 2010 15:53
Question on OVER Clause Useage
I'm using the OVER Clause with row_number in a view that I have created. row_number() OVER (ORDER by T.Description) AS 'RN' What I'm trying to do is get my RN column to display, in sequence the numbers 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 for each row that is selected. Regardless of what column I put into the ORDER by the number... 28 Jul 2010 18:29
Flat File Import suggestions?
I have a flat file I am importing into SQL server db. One of the fields is a long string field, and in that string field, there are 3 pieces of information I need to report on. Example "Fees Criminal Tar Office" I need to be able to report by grouping "Criminal", "Tar" & "office". How do you suggest I do tha... 28 Jul 2010 18:29
Querying XML data
Hello, Using SQL 2008 I'm taking xml string from a VARCHAR(max) datatype column and inserting into XML datatype column then want to query it. Doing the above like so: DECLARE @XmlSourceTable TABLE (RecordId INT IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, XmlData XML NOT NULL ) INSERT INTO @XmlSourceTable ... 28 Jul 2010 18:29
Organizing Solutions and Projects
On Jun 5, 11:51 am, "Bob McClellan" <bob...(a)tricolift.RemoveThis.com> wrote: I try to save all stored procedures, UDF's, Triggers and DDL as .sql files in projects and solutions in SSMS. Still... I f requently find myself searching solutions via explorer looking for files for projects I need to revisit.... 28 Jul 2010 06:23
Database source control
Hi All, I am using SQL Server 2008. Just want to know what is the best method to maintain the DB objects in source control and reverting back to any previous version with ease. Any pointers on this wud be of great help. Regards Pradeep ... 29 Jul 2010 18:31
batch file
hi, I have the following in a batch file, intended to run a sql file.. it opens up the SQL file, but does not actually execute it. Am I missing something? I have looked at and tried tons of example... C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\sqlcmd.exe -i c:\zigzag.sql -o c:\tiki.log p... 29 Jul 2010 17:25