From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 10, 7:38 pm, "n...(a)bid.nes" <alien8...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Mark: The Universe is (wrongly) assumed to be expanding.
(There's no 'Doppler shift', just the aging of light.) Even so,
astronomers haven't been able to locate any area of sky that doesn't
seem about equally dense with stars. If the Universe is now just a
thin surface, like on an expanding balloon, looking along the 'plain'
of the surface should show more stars than looking perpendicular to
the surface of the "balloon", inward or outward. Since no such
difference can be observed, then the Universe couldn't be expanding...
from a Big Bang, because no BB ever happened!

Much of what tries to pass for science simply follows Einstein's
Moronic example and INVENTS whatever is necessary to save the wrong
theory. It has been suggested that belief in the BB is necessary to
give those needing to have a... "creation event" a reason for being.
The BB is RELIGION, NOT science. I suspect you will agree. —
NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 11, 1:59 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Dear Sam: Mine was (is) a $2,000.00 experiment intended to answer the
'yes or no' question: Can Earth's velocity and direction be determined
via an Earth mounted experiment? The answer is a resounding YES! But
a new generation of experiment, costing a great deal more, will be
needed to give the absolute numbers. I can envision having dozens of
such interferometers functioning in unison to determine absolute speed
so accurately, that it can be proven that the Universe is NOT
expanding from the BB. — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 11, 4:25 pm, "Socratis" <socra...(a)alice.it> wrote:

Earth. If the relative motions of merry-go-round in space are the
same as on Earth, the ball should behave identically. The "rule"
determining the accuracy of a throw when the whole merry-go-round
isn't transversing, only rotating, is: Since the thrower and the
person being thrown to are always in the same relative position, the
pitch would be the same as if the merry-go-round was standing still.
Please explain how you suppose motion through space can be proved
using a merry-go-round. — NoEinstein —

From: NoEinstein on
On Jul 11, 4:25 pm, "Socratis" <socra...(a)alice.it> wrote:

CORRECTION: The 'full' reply should read:

Dear Socratis: There is a small combined motion that causes a slight
miss-throwing of the ball on Earth. If the relative motions of merry-

From: Socratis on
Dear Socratis: There is a small combined motion that causes a slight
miss-throwing of the ball on Earth. If the relative motions of merry-
go-round in space are the same as on Earth, the ball should behave
identically. The "rule" determining the accuracy of a throw when the
whole merry-go-round isn't transversing, only rotating, is: Since the
thrower and the person being thrown to are always in the same relative
position, the pitch would be the same as if the merry-go-round was
standing still. Please explain how you suppose motion through space
can be proved using a merry-go-round. � NoEinstein �

Not just 'moving' in space - *rotating* in space. I'm trying
to prove absolute motion with a thought experiment, and
I actually do want to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Out in space on a merry-go-round that's not moving.
Not rotating, or moving relative to any nearby stars.
You toss the ball straight away from you - it goes directly
to the person across from you.

Out in space on a merry-go-round that's rotating,
but not traveling relative to any nearby stars.
You toss the ball straight away from you (directly toward
the person opposite) - it curves away toward someone

These are different cases, with different results. The
difference is one is rotating and one is not, and each
has a distinct behavior. I don't understand why this
leads to such arguments. It simply shows absolute
motion.