From: Socratis on
"GSS" <gurcharn_sandhu(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
Friends,
Last year I had held detailed discussions in these forums, on
the feasibility of experimental detection of absolute motion.
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.astro/browse_frm/thread/e24d067ec6a49db2/e45663e989aca999#e45663e989aca999
Subsequently I compiled a formal paper titled "Proposed experiment for
detection of absolute motion" and submitted to Physics Essays (An
International Journal dedicated to fundamental questions in Physics)
for publication. After a detailed peer review, this paper has now been
published in this journal [http://www.physicsessays.com/]. The
abstract of this paper is reproduced below.

"According to special theory of relativity, all motion is relative
and existence of any privileged or absolute inertial frame of
reference, which could be practically distinguished from all other
inertial frames, is ruled out."

All you have to do is stand on the Earth and swing a bucket of water
around in a circle. This shows an absolute frame, and no relativist
can ever provide a coherent explaination.

From: Androcles on

"Socratis" <socratis(a)alice.it> wrote in message
| "GSS" <gurcharn_sandhu(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Friends,
| Last year I had held detailed discussions in these forums, on
| the feasibility of experimental detection of absolute motion.

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.astro/browse_frm/thread/e24d067ec6a49db2/e45663e989aca999#e45663e989aca999
| Subsequently I compiled a formal paper titled "Proposed experiment for
| detection of absolute motion" and submitted to Physics Essays (An
| International Journal dedicated to fundamental questions in Physics)
| for publication. After a detailed peer review, this paper has now been
| published in this journal [http://www.physicsessays.com/]. The
| abstract of this paper is reproduced below.
|
| "According to special theory of relativity, all motion is relative
| and existence of any privileged or absolute inertial frame of
| reference, which could be practically distinguished from all other
| inertial frames, is ruled out."
|
| All you have to do is stand on the Earth and swing a bucket of water
| around in a circle. This shows an absolute frame, and no relativist
| can ever provide a coherent explaination.

I'm not a relativist. Here is coherent explanation, no absolute frame
needed.
http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/fw/gifs/coriolis.mov

From: Michael Helland on
On Jul 10, 9:57 am, GSS <gurcharn_san...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello, congratulations.

I know this probably took you a great deal of work, and you may feel
short changed by my criticism, which obviously took a great deal less
work, but I tell you me immediate concerns.

> However, we may define an absolute or
> universal reference frame as the one which is at rest with respect to
> the center of mass of the universe and assume the speed c of
> propagation of light to be an isotropic universal constant in that
> frame.

I think that what you are proposing here is not an experiment for
detecting absolute motion, but a proposal for a definition of an
absolute reference frame, one that I don't find particularly
convincing.

Why must the center of mass in the Universe be moving with respect to
some absolute?
From: Sam Wormley on
On 7/10/10 11:57 AM, GSS wrote:
> Friends,
> Last year I had held detailed discussions in these forums, on
> the feasibility of experimental detection of absolute motion.
> http://groups.google.com/group/sci.astro/browse_frm/thread/e24d067ec6a49db2/e45663e989aca999#e45663e989aca999
> Subsequently I compiled a formal paper titled "Proposed experiment for
> detection of absolute motion" and submitted to Physics Essays (An
> International Journal dedicated to fundamental questions in Physics)
> for publication. After a detailed peer review, this paper has now been
> published in this journal [http://www.physicsessays.com/].

Hidden in the law of inertia is that fact the whether an object is
in motion or not depends strictly on the point of view of the
observer. Suggest learning some basic physics.

From: BURT on
On Jul 10, 3:34 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/10/10 11:57 AM, GSS wrote:
>
> > Friends,
> >           Last year I had held detailed discussions in these forums, on
> > the feasibility of experimental detection of absolute motion.
> >http://groups.google.com/group/sci.astro/browse_frm/thread/e24d067ec6...
> > Subsequently I compiled a formal paper titled "Proposed experiment for
> > detection of absolute motion" and submitted to Physics Essays (An
> > International Journal dedicated to fundamental questions in Physics)
> > for publication. After a detailed peer review, this paper has now been
> > published in this journal [http://www.physicsessays.com/].
>
>    Hidden in the law of inertia is that fact the whether an object is
>    in motion or not depends strictly on the point of view of the
>    observer. Suggest learning some basic physics.

There is a space frame for absolute motion of matter and light.

Mitch Raemsch