From: SneakyP on
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in

> On 2010-08-02 09:39:19 -0700, "MC" <any(a)any.any> said:
>
>> Larry Thong wrote:

>>> bit >> lazy to carry it today so I went on the cheap with the trusty
>>> old >> 70-200 VR2. It worked!

>>> Thanks. I'm content with the arm not being in focus as this is what
>>> I wanted.
>>
>> Why? What was your reasoning behind wanting a big blurred arm acros
>> the bottom of the frame? The whole image is spoiled by it.
>>
>> MC
>
> I agree.
> Sorry Rita, there is no rationalization fro the OOF right arm. Any
> claim of artistic interpretation, and deliberate intent, would be just
> silly. You can do better that that.
> It remains a good capture spoilt.

OTOH - it reminds one of the movement of a wand across the bow, making
the shot more about the player's pose as he looks down the violin.

--
SneakyP
To email me, you know what to do.

From: Peter on
> On 2010-08-02 15:34:19 -0700, dickr2 <dickr2(a)frontier.com> said:
>

> The AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 G ED VRII, is the lastest version of one
> of the best and sharpest Nikkor zoom lenses. It can be found in the kit of
> many Nikon using pros and hobbyists with fat wallets.

After the purchase the wallet is a lot thinner.

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:39:29 -0500, Larry Thong
<larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:

>I know, I know, this was a job for the good old 200/2, but I was a bit
>lazy to carry it today so I went on the cheap with the trusty old 70-200
>VR2. It worked!
>
><http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Strings.jpg>

Here's a shot of a violinist from earlier this month. The Orlando
Symphony Orchestra provided some orchestra members for an event for
kids at a local park. The idea was to let the kids try playing
various musical instruments.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-07-17-099/959015269_RtuZN-XL.jpg

The image has been faked. There was some really ugly background in
the original, so I did some masking and dropped in a cleaner
background with a shot taken the same day.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:39:29 -0500, Larry Thong
> <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>
>>I know, I know, this was a job for the good old 200/2, but I was a bit
>>lazy to carry it today so I went on the cheap with the trusty old 70-200
>>VR2. It worked!
>>
>><http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Strings.jpg>
>
> Here's a shot of a violinist from earlier this month. The Orlando
> Symphony Orchestra provided some orchestra members for an event for
> kids at a local park. The idea was to let the kids try playing
> various musical instruments.
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-07-17-099/959015269_RtuZN-XL.jpg
>
> The image has been faked. There was some really ugly background in
> the original, so I did some masking and dropped in a cleaner
> background with a shot taken the same day.

You seem to have a great eye for people. You really brought out her
expression of nervous determination. The adult helping hand takes you
capture out of the ordinary.
I will not nitpick your background.
--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 08:50:02 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:39:29 -0500, Larry Thong
>> <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I know, I know, this was a job for the good old 200/2, but I was a bit
>>>lazy to carry it today so I went on the cheap with the trusty old 70-200
>>>VR2. It worked!
>>>
>>><http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Strings.jpg>
>>
>> Here's a shot of a violinist from earlier this month. The Orlando
>> Symphony Orchestra provided some orchestra members for an event for
>> kids at a local park. The idea was to let the kids try playing
>> various musical instruments.
>>
>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-07-17-099/959015269_RtuZN-XL.jpg
>>
>> The image has been faked. There was some really ugly background in
>> the original, so I did some masking and dropped in a cleaner
>> background with a shot taken the same day.
>>

>You seem to have a great eye for people. You really brought out her
>expression of nervous determination. The adult helping hand takes you
>capture out of the ordinary.
> I will not nitpick your background.

Here's another one from that day. This one is not Photoshopped. I
don't like too many people in the background, but it was a large event
and it was impossible to shoot without background.

Love the expression on this future Ringo Starr or Keith Moon.

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Other/Current-Favorite-Shot/2010-07-17-098/959015274_vLZHS-XL.jpg
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida