From: Bjoern Feuerbacher on
cjcountess wrote:
> Let me add that at the point where E, M, and G = c x c or c2 that
> energy is in something analogous to "the speed of light in uniform
> circular motion" and should have rest mass as it now generates
> gravity in a way that the centripetal force balances out the
> centrifugal force. But before an electromagnetic wave acquires that
> balance the centrifugal force keeps it moving at a constant speed of c
> along the light path but the centripetal force of the cycles per sec or
> the right angle vertical frequency speed if we look at it in two
> dimensions, adds mass, energy, and gravity in a way that gives the wave
> striking powering in the direction of its motion demonstrated by the
> photo electric effect but not rest mass or equally distributed energy,
> mass, and gravity around a center of rotation.

Illucid.

Bye,
Bjoern
From: cjcountess on
I would like to address your response of

Bjoer said
WRONG!!!
When the frequency doubles, E doubles also! It does *not* get
multiplied by 4!
Do you fail to understand proportionality?

I might be wrong about this and if I am I will have to rethink the
whole thing although I still believe that the general idea is correct
and just needs to be modified. I understood it to be multiplied by 4.
If we use Planck's constant x frequency as a measure of energy you
are correct the energy increase twice if the frequency increase twice
in a sense. But I read several places including in Scientific America
Sept. 2004 special Einstein issue page 28 paragraph 3 that the
wavelength of a particle is inversely proportional to its mass. And
according to this site,
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/waves/U10L2c.html
for amplitude, energy increases 4x when amplitude doubles.
Thus I assumed that sense doubleling the frequency could mean halving
the wavelength either one of these would increase energy and mass 4x
but maybe I was wrong. I will have to do more research and report back.
I do believe though that the essence of the idea is correct because of
too many coincidences and I am not giving up
Thank you for your critical eye.

Bjoern said
Yet again:
1) The units are not even right! hf has units of Joule, M has units of
kilogram!
2) This formula does *not* follow from E=Mc^2 and E=hf! In fact, what
follows from these two formulas is Mc^2=hf! Can't you do even the
*most* *simple* algebra???
You are technically correct but if energy and mass are interchangeable
then mass and the amount of energy in mass could very well be measured
in joules-could it not? And if you say Mc2=hf I would not disagree.
> and sense gravity and inertia mass are equivalent

Bjoern said
Do you know what that statement actually means?

Ø we can even say that G=hf to quantify mass and gravity also.

/General/open_questions.html
under cosmology and astrophysics question 6 where it states: "The
simplest model is a cosmological constant, meaning that so-called
"empty" space actually has a negative pressure and positive energy
density, with the pressure exactly equal to minus the energy density in
units where the speed of light is 1".
> and that as electromagnetic
> waves travel across this sea of dark energy that is already moving at

> c,

Bjoern said
What on earth makes you think that dark energy is moving at c?????
> they inherit that energy

How???
> plus their frequency.

Huh???
> The strength of this ground state energy,

What ground state energy? Dark energy is not ground state energy!
And what is "strength of energy" supposed to mean?
> which moves at c, is the Planck energy

Dark energy is not the Planck energy. The Planck energy is not a
ground state energy.

See expiation above and I will try to explain even better as time goes
on.

Bjoern said
Do you know what these three types of energy are? Please give
definitions, in your own words (quoting from dictionaries does not
show if you really understood the terms!).

I will give definitions in time.

> and is the
> common denominator of all the waves and rest mass particles that
arise
> from it.

Bjoern said
What exactly do you mean with "common denominator" here?

Just as Planck's constant could be considered a common denominator of
all particles whose energy is multiplied by it times the frequency, the
dark energy of the background energy field that these particle emerge
from that forms the basis of these particles are also the common
denominator.

> Therefore if we say E=cf or "energy =c x the frequency" we
> should still be correct.

Bjoern said
No, we wouldn't!
1) This formula does not follow in *any way* from what you said above.
2) Wrong units.
3) Contradicts E = hf, since E=hf and E=cf together would imply c=h,

which is obvious nonsense.
This is exactly what I think is correct.
You seem no have no idea
1) how formulas are derived in physics
2) how they are manipulated (algebra)
3) how one interprets them, i.e. how they relate to reality.
As long as you don't understand such basic things, you shouldn't try
to come up with physical theories.

Just because the math is not as accurate as it could be doesn't mean
that the main idea is not correct only that it will take some work. But
I do think that yes c = h = the basic ground state dark energy =
cosmological constant but it will take time to prove. See this site
http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hangar/6929/h_kaku2.html

Concerning Stephen Hawking's theory of "The Wave Function of the
Universe", by
Michio Kaku (Professor of Theoretical Physics). In it he indicates
that the theory precedes the mathematics to prove it. Sometimes this is
the order in which ideas come. In it he states: The goal facing quantum
cosmologists is to verify this conjecture mathematically, to show that
the wave function of the universe is large for our present universe and
vanishing small for other universes. This would then prove that our
familiar universe is in some sense unique and also stable. (At present,
quantum cosmologists are unable to solve this important problem.)

Bjoern said
Try reading "The Feynman lectures on physics". The first of the three
volumes should be enough to make you learn the three points above; but
maybe you first need a book on *basic* math, in order to teach you how
one deals with variables (algebra).

Will take this into consideration.

I really have to resolve this question of whether energy doubles or
increases 4x and I will address the other questions also but very
carefully. This has been a real lesson and I will be better for it.
Cjcountess

From: cjcountess on
Again in response to Bjoern statements:

WRONG!!!
When the frequency doubles, E doubles also! It does *not* get
multiplied by 4!
Do you fail to understand proportionality?

I am really concerned about whether or not energy increases 4x or 2x
each time frequency doubles and wavelength halfs. This is as crucial to
my argument as the idea that the speed of light squared is analogous to
the speed of light in uniform circular motion. I have been describing
photons and waves as orbiting the light path because I think that is a
good analogy and increasing in speed with frequency because I think
that energy of photons and waves increase as if they are increasing in
speed following the inverse square law in the same way that planets and
bullets do. I have found collaborating evidence to support this. This
site relates it to planetary motion:
http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/orbit.htm
It contains the text:

"Kepler's Laws were used to explain the orbital motion of the planets
around the Sun, as well as the various moons around the planets. You
can use the laws to calculate the speed at any point, the time of
rotation and distances for any objects in space. They can also be
applied to the motion of electrons around the nucleus of an atom."
And sense electron orbits correspond to wavelength and frequency these
frequencies should have energies matching this inverse proportion
This site proposes that wavelength is inversely proportional to the
energy also giving the photon model below.
http://users.owt.com/flesher/photonics/photon2.html
It contains this text:
"2. The second key concept is a model of a photon. It is proposed as an
induction that a photon consists of two opposite charged "poles," one +
and the other -, which rotate about one another such that the distance,
d, between them is inversely proportional to the energy, E, of the
photon, E= L/d where L = 3.443780 x 10-29 Joule meters (or 10-21 erg
cm) (eq 1) This then implies the poles have a charge of 6.19004 x 10
-20 coulombs or roughly 1/3 that of the electron."
This site also gives. "Albert Einstein in 1905 stated that mass and
energy were inter-convertible: mC2 = E, (eq 6), so that we may deduce
that all MASS is quantized, m = hf/C2 = h/lC and the quantum of MASS is
the photon".
It seems that photons can obey both laws and not be in conflict, here
is my attempt to put it in a simple formula relating bullets and energy
measured in foot pounds, found at this ballistics site, to photons and
Planck's constant as it relates to energy.
http://www.beartoothbullets.com/rescources/calculators/php/energy.htm?bw=100&bv=4000
Energy of 222 foot-pounds for a 100 grain bullet at 1000 fps.
Energy of 888 foot-pounds for a 100 grain bullet at 2000 fps.
If we say that
E or foot pounds = 100grains (a constant) x 1000 fps (a variable) And

E or foot pounds = 100grains (a constant) x 2000 fps (a variable),
If we change the quantities to notations it starts to resemble the
Planck formula: (E=hf)
if we make it ( E=gv), the first could be E=g1v and E=g2v and E = 222
and 888 foot pounds respectively.
Will address the other issues latter,
cjcountess

From: Bjoern Feuerbacher on
cjcountess wrote:
> I would like to address your response of
>
> Bjoer said
>> WRONG!!!
>> When the frequency doubles, E doubles also! It does *not* get
>> multiplied by 4!
>> Do you fail to understand proportionality?
>
> I might be wrong about this and if I am I will have to rethink the
> whole thing although I still believe that the general idea is correct
> and just needs to be modified. I understood it to be multiplied by 4.

Then you understood wrong, plain and simple.

> If we use Planck's constant x frequency as a measure of energy

You *have* to use this, since that's what the formula says! And that
formula was derived from experimental data, and tested hundreds of
thousands of times since then.

> you are correct the energy increase twice if the frequency increase twice
> in a sense. But I read several places including in Scientific America
> Sept. 2004 special Einstein issue page 28 paragraph 3 that the
> wavelength of a particle is inversely proportional to its mass.

That's right. But we were talking about photons here, and you have to
be careful when talking about the mass of photons.

> And according to this site,
> http://www.physicsclassroom.com/Class/waves/U10L2c.html
> for amplitude, energy increases 4x when amplitude doubles.

Yes, the energy in a *wave* quadruples when the amplitude of the
wave doubles. But what has that to do with the problem at hand?
Amplitude wasn't involved anywhere! Do you maybe confuse amplitude
with wavelength???

> Thus I assumed that sense doubleling the frequency could mean halving
> the wavelength either one of these would increase energy and mass 4x

Sorry, I don't understand your logic here.

> but maybe I was wrong. I will have to do more research and report back.

As I said: I would *heavily* recommend to you that you first learn
some basic physics, and especially how equations in physics are
derived from experimental data, how they are manipulated, and how they
are used.

> I do believe though that the essence of the idea is correct because of
> too many coincidences

I still have no clue what coincidences you are talking about. I have
seen none so far from you.

> and I am not giving up
> Thank you for your critical eye.
>
>> Yet again:
>> 1) The units are not even right! hf has units of Joule, M has units of
>> kilogram!
>> 2) This formula does *not* follow from E=Mc^2 and E=hf! In fact, what
>> follows from these two formulas is Mc^2=hf! Can't you do even the
>> *most* *simple* algebra???
>> You are technically correct but if energy and mass are interchangeable
>> then mass and the amount of energy in mass could very well be measured
>> in joules-could it not? And if you say Mc2=hf I would not disagree.
>>
>>> and sense gravity and inertia mass are equivalent
>>
>> Do you know what that statement actually means?
>>

>>> we can even say that G=hf to quantify mass and gravity also.
>
> /General/open_questions.html
> under cosmology and astrophysics question 6 where it states: "The
> simplest model is a cosmological constant, meaning that so-called
> "empty" space actually has a negative pressure and positive energy
> density, with the pressure exactly equal to minus the energy density in
> units where the speed of light is 1".

And what has that to do with the stuff above???

[snip]

>> Do you know what these three types of energy are? Please give
>> definitions, in your own words (quoting from dictionaries does not
>> show if you really understood the terms!).
>

> I will give definitions in time.

I'm waiting.

>>>and is the
>>>common denominator of all the waves and rest mass particles that
>>>arise from it.
>>
>> What exactly do you mean with "common denominator" here?
>
> Just as Planck's constant could be considered a common denominator of
> all particles whose energy is multiplied by it times the frequency,

I don't see why Planck's constant could be considered a "common
denominator" of all particles, sorry.

> the dark energy of the background energy field that these particle emerge
> from that forms the basis of these particles are also the common
> denominator.

That didn't make it any clearer.

>>>Therefore if we say E=cf or "energy =c x the frequency" we
>>>should still be correct.
>>

>> No, we wouldn't!
>> 1) This formula does not follow in *any way* from what you said above.
>> 2) Wrong units.
>> 3) Contradicts E = hf, since E=hf and E=cf together would imply c=h,
>> which is obvious nonsense.
>
> This is exactly what I think is correct.

You think that c=h is correct, or what???

>> You seem no have no idea
>> 1) how formulas are derived in physics
>> 2) how they are manipulated (algebra)
>> 3) how one interprets them, i.e. how they relate to reality.
>> As long as you don't understand such basic things, you shouldn't try
>> to come up with physical theories.
>
> Just because the math is not as accurate as it could be

Your math is not just "not as accurate as it could be". It is *plain
wrong*. As wrong as 1+1=3.

> doesn't mean
> that the main idea is not correct only that it will take some work.

Suggestion: before attempting to do that work, first learn how physics
deals with equations. See above.

> But I do think that yes c = h

c = 300 000 000 m/s
h = 6.626 * 10^(-34) J s.

You think that 300 000 000 m/s = 6.626 * 10^(-34) J s???????????

Say, do you also think that 2 = 3? That makes equally much sense!

> = the basic ground state dark energy

Neither c nor h is an energy! c is a speed, h is essentially an action!

BTW, "ground state energy" and "dark energy" does *not* mean the
same thing!

Could you *please* first learn what the terms you use actually mean
before using them?

> = cosmological constant

The cosmological constant is not a speed, not an action, and not an
energy!

> but it will take time to prove.

No, proving this is simply impossible. Just as proving 2=3 is
impossible. Since it's simply wrong.

> See this site
> http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hangar/6929/h_kaku2.html
>
> Concerning Stephen Hawking's theory of "The Wave Function of the
> Universe", by
> Michio Kaku (Professor of Theoretical Physics). In it he indicates
> that the theory precedes the mathematics to prove it.

Theories in science are not proven.

And Kaku does *not* say that *no* mathematics is needed in order to
bring up a new theory. He merely oints out that when a new theory is
brought up (using math!), not every of its consequences is at once
fully clear. These consequences still have to be examined using math.

> Sometimes this is the order in which ideas come.

I know of not one single example where someone who did not understand
the most basic math (algebra) managed to come up with a good new idea
in physics.

> In it he states: The goal facing quantum
> cosmologists is to verify this conjecture mathematically,

I.e. to explore the mathematical consequences of the theory. This does
in no way imply that math was not needed in order to come up with the
theory!

[snip]

>> Try reading "The Feynman lectures on physics". The first of the three
>> volumes should be enough to make you learn the three points above; but
>> maybe you first need a book on *basic* math, in order to teach you how
>> one deals with variables (algebra).
>
> Will take this into consideration.

Thinking about this again, the Feynman lectures are probably too
advanced for you. Try a highschool physics book.

> I really have to resolve this question of whether energy doubles or
> increases 4x

The energy of a photon doubles when the frequency of the wave doubles.
The energy of a wave quadruples when the amplitude of the wave doubles.
The energy of a non-relativistic particle quadruples when its speed
doubles.

Ask *any* physicist on this.

> and I will address the other questions also but very
> carefully. This has been a real lesson and I will be better for it.

I would *really* recommend to you to stop coming up with your own
ideas for some time, to stop posting here even, and instead first
reading some books on basic physics and math.

Bye,
Bjoern
From: Bjoern Feuerbacher on
cjcountess wrote:

[snip]

> I am really concerned about whether or not energy increases 4x or 2x
> each time frequency doubles and wavelength halfs.

E=hf.

> This is as crucial to
> my argument as the idea that the speed of light squared is analogous to
> the speed of light in uniform circular motion.

c^2 is not a speed. Stop ignoring my arguments.

> I have been describing
> photons and waves as orbiting the light path

With "light path", do you mean the direction of the light rays?

> because I think that is a
> good analogy and increasing in speed with frequency because I think
> that energy of photons and waves increase as if they are increasing in
> speed following the inverse square law in the same way that planets and
> bullets do.

Ouch. What on Earth has this to do with the inverse square law now?

You *do* know what that law says, don't you?

> I have found collaborating evidence to support this. This
> site relates it to planetary motion:
> http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/orbit.htm
> It contains the text:
>
> "Kepler's Laws were used to explain the orbital motion of the planets
> around the Sun, as well as the various moons around the planets. You
> can use the laws to calculate the speed at any point, the time of
> rotation and distances for any objects in space. They can also be
> applied to the motion of electrons around the nucleus of an atom."

The last sentence is wrong. That would be Rutherford's atomic model,
which has been outdated for about 80 years now.

> And sense electron orbits correspond to wavelength and frequency

Huh??? What on Earth is this supposed to mean?

> these
> frequencies should have energies matching this inverse proportion

Huh??? Why???

> This site proposes that wavelength is inversely proportional to the
> energy also giving the photon model below.
> http://users.owt.com/flesher/photonics/photon2.html

This is the site of a crackpot, not of a physicist. It contains *lots*
of errors. Ignore what it says.

[snip]

> It seems that photons can obey both laws and not be in conflict,

You mean both E=mc^2 and E=hf? Yes, indeed they can. Why should there
be a conflict? You just have to be careful what the "m" in the first
equations actually means.

> here
> is my attempt to put it in a simple formula relating bullets and energy
> measured in foot pounds, found at this ballistics site, to photons and
> Planck's constant as it relates to energy.
> http://www.beartoothbullets.com/rescources/calculators/php/energy.htm?bw=100&bv=4000
> Energy of 222 foot-pounds for a 100 grain bullet at 1000 fps.
> Energy of 888 foot-pounds for a 100 grain bullet at 2000 fps.

Ouch. Could you please use SI units, like every sane human?

> If we say that
> E or foot pounds = 100grains (a constant) x 1000 fps (a variable) And
>
> E or foot pounds = 100grains (a constant) x 2000 fps (a variable),

Err, the energy is *not* simply given by the product of the mass and
the speed. Your own examples above clearly show that!

> If we change the quantities to notations it starts to resemble the
> Planck formula: (E=hf)

What on earth has grains * fps to do with h * f?

> if we make it ( E=gv), the first could be E=g1v and E=g2v and E = 222
> and 888 foot pounds respectively.

Huh?????

Bye,
Bjoern