From: David H. Lipman on
From: "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org>

>> None were viruses ...

| Although some of the participating vendor's scanners did report "worm".
| Hmmm.

:-)

--
Dave

From: Leythos on
In article <uu9vk5tknetbmte8v9j9c82ih624n0mdtn(a)4ax.com>,
fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com says...
> I think my challenge to Dave served this group a great service and
> bolstered the credibility of my argument. It exposed him as the
> charlatan and faker I believe he showed himself to be

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....

Your own posted testing methods showed that you have limited experience,
limited testing, flawed testing methods...... And you have the
nerve/gall to claim you've exposed someone as a fake/charlatan?

Trust yourself.
From: Dustin Cook on
Charlie <fat.charlie(a)yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 20:00:27 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
> <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:
>
>>From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
>>
>>Of the 33 files submitted to VT
>>
>>AntiVir - 24
>>AVG - 12
>>Avast - 11
>>Microsoft - 10
>>Symantec - 4
>
> The BULK of these so-called SUBMISSIONS are half-baked / unfinished
> Virii still in development and not released. Wake up David!!!This site
> is a workbench for VIRUS AUTHORS!

Do you have any evidence to back up your claim?

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: Dustin Cook on
"FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in news:hiondr$f1a$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

>> None were viruses ...
>
> Although some of the participating vendor's scanners did report "worm".
> Hmmm.

Which isn't actually; a virus. A virus requires a host, a worm does not. An
important, distinction often overlooked.

From: FromTheRafters on
"Dustin Cook" <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" <erratic(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>
>>> None were viruses ...
>>
>> Although some of the participating vendor's scanners did report
>> "worm".
>> Hmmm.
>>

> Which isn't actually; a virus. A virus requires a host, a worm does
> not. An
> important, distinction often overlooked.

In this case I was referring to that aspect because David is one of
those that does not believe that. He has stated to me that a worm *is* a
virus (which isn't exactly wrong mathematically, and he is not alone in
believing that). It was his statement that "none were viruses" that made
me pick the nit.

I'm with you - a virus always runs as a result of a 'host' program being
invoked, and a worm runs (and replicates) without the need for a host.

David apparently feels that a worm is a kind of virus that doesn't
require an infected host program.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: AVG with MBAM
Next: AV-Comparatives tests - fact or fiction?