From: JC on

"McSteve" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "JC" wrote:
>> in case you ever get the urge, before I checked to see if anyone
>> had responded I tried amp, eq, speaker.
>>

> I'd be surprised if that EQ still works. How the hell did you
> connect them in that fashion? Is everything 1/4" connectors?
> There's a reason why pro amps never use 1/4" for speaker
> outs. To keep the uninformed from doing stuff like you describe.
> (Among other reasons)
>
> --
> Steve <snip> McQ

It has both.

From: JC on

"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> "JC"
>
>> and a really old QSC 150
>
> ** No such model.
>
> Go see what the actual model number is.
>

> .. Phil

150 amps, or maybe it is watts. But I've got it all hooked up together
and it works fine. Thanks to all of ya for the help.

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"JC" <jc46823(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "McSteve" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
>> "JC" wrote:
>>> in case you ever get the urge, before I checked to see if anyone had
>>> responded I tried amp, eq, speaker.
>>>

>> I'd be surprised if that EQ still works. How the hell did you
>> connect them in that fashion? Is everything 1/4" connectors?
>> There's a reason why pro amps never use 1/4" for speaker
>> outs. To keep the uninformed from doing stuff like you describe.
>> (Among other reasons)
>>
>> --
>> Steve <snip> McQ
>>

> It has both.

On the first system I designed I made the newbie error of using a nl8 to be
both the monitors speaker whip out and the efx rack insert
as luck would have it it wasn't two weeks before a friend "just helping"
patched the amps out to the efx insert point
I learned my lesson on why we use the connectors we use
George

From: McSteve on
"George's Pro Sound Co."
> On the first system I designed I made the newbie error of using a nl8 to
> be both the monitors speaker whip out and the efx rack insert
> as luck would have it it wasn't two weeks before a friend "just helping"
> patched the amps out to the efx insert point
> I learned my lesson on why we use the connectors we use

I'd think that sending speaker level voltage into an efx unit, console
insert, or EQ would fry the unit. Yikes!
The idea of using 1/4" conx for amp outs or speaker ins should be
done away with, IMO. I'm sure it's been around for so long mainly
due to cost and commonality.

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: McSteve on