From: Arkansan Raider on
Denny Strauser wrote:
> Phil Allison wrote:
>> ** Maybe * Methuselah * has got an old A21 or 22 from the late 70s.
>> Are older QSC models still around ?
>> .... Phil
>
> I remember the days McIntosh (spelling questionable) tube amps were the
> choice amps used.
>
> -Denny

I have a 2100 in my living room right now. It rocks the friggin' Casbah.

---Jeff
From: liquidator on

"Phil Allison" <phil_a(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message

> "JC"
>> "Phil Allison"
>>> "JC"

>>> ** No such model.
>>>
>>> Go see what the actual model number is.
>>>

>> 150 amps, or maybe it is watts.
>
> ** Gotta be one or the other ......
>

>> But I've got it all hooked up together and it works fine. Thanks to all
>> of ya for the help.
>

> ** Maybe * Methuselah * has got an old A21 or 22 from the late 70s.
>
> Are older QSC models still around ?
>

> .... Phil

Just saw one one Fleabay, I think a 150 watt mono unit. Maybe something like
that.

Yeah there are old 70's units still limping around....there probably would
be older gear except for the cost of tube replacement....many business
owners are just cheapass.

And cost of tubes and a service call is probably the cost of replacing a
150 watt amp.

I've still got a few 90's amps, I consider them dinosaurs...

Of course, an older amp given a clean bill of health by a good tech can be
trustworthy...but it's often easier to find new amps than competent techs.

Many young guys didn't learn like you Phil. They are just parts replacers.

From: Phil Allison on

"liquidator"
> "Phil Allison" "JC"
>>
>> ** Maybe * Methuselah * has got an old A21 or 22 from the late 70s.
>>
>> Are older QSC models still around ?
>>

> Just saw one one Fleabay, I think a 150 watt mono unit. Maybe something
> like that.
>
> Yeah there are old 70's units still limping around....there probably would
> be older gear except for the cost of tube replacement....many business
> owners are just cheapass.

** I asked about QSC amps quite specifically - cos there are no examples
older than the USA series here in Australia.

The oldest I could find on the QSC site was the A21.

...... Phil