From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"McSteve" <mcsteve1350x(a)verizon.net> wrote in message
> "George's Pro Sound Co."
>> On the first system I designed I made the newbie error of using a nl8 to
>> be both the monitors speaker whip out and the efx rack insert
>> as luck would have it it wasn't two weeks before a friend "just helping"
>> patched the amps out to the efx insert point
>> I learned my lesson on why we use the connectors we use
>>

> I'd think that sending speaker level voltage into an efx unit, console
> insert, or EQ would fry the unit. Yikes!
> The idea of using 1/4" conx for amp outs or speaker ins should be
> done away with, IMO. I'm sure it's been around for so long mainly
> due to cost and commonality.
>
> --
Cost me a couple hundred in repair of the first gl2 in upstate NY
George

From: McSteve on
"JC" wrote:
> 150 amps, or maybe it is watts. But I've got it all hooked up together and
> it works fine. Thanks to all of ya for the help.

In your initial post you said you've been "out of the business since
1988".
What "business" were you in? I find it odd that anyone who claims
experience in pro sound would not know where an EQ goes in the
signal chain, describe an EQ as "32 channel",
or not know how to describe a power amp ("watts vs "amps"?).

And, I wouldn't trust that EQ to last too long after you connected it
to a power amp's output. A recipe for failure.

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: McSteve on
"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote:
> so the hillbilly applies for a job at the zoo
> it is contract work to breed the gorilla
> 50$
> the hillbilly gets hired but tells the man he can't start till next week
> the zoo keep gives him a "why?" look
> the hillbilly responds
> 'I need a week to raise the 50$"

I knew that old joke in a different version that used a specific
nationality instead of a hillbilly. The nationality is one that makes
up half of my heritage. We are the local ethnic joke in this area.

--
Steve <snip> McQ

From: Phil Allison on

"JC"
> "Phil Allison"
>> "JC"
>>
>>> and a really old QSC 150
>>
>> ** No such model.
>>
>> Go see what the actual model number is.
>>

> 150 amps, or maybe it is watts.

** Gotta be one or the other ......

> But I've got it all hooked up together and it works fine. Thanks to all of
> ya for the help.

** Maybe * Methuselah * has got an old A21 or 22 from the late 70s.

Are older QSC models still around ?

..... Phil

From: Denny Strauser on
Phil Allison wrote:
> ** Maybe * Methuselah * has got an old A21 or 22 from the late 70s.
> Are older QSC models still around ?
> .... Phil

I remember the days McIntosh (spelling questionable) tube amps were the
choice amps used.

-Denny