From: jslcr1 on
On Feb 19, 11:15 am, Margaret <twokat...(a)gmailx.invalid> wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
> > jslcr1 wrote:
>
> > And again, they changed the backup philosophy, but this time for the better!
> > They took away the time stamp from the append date option, so FINALLY (for
> > the first time in Q2010 I believe), we have the ability to create different
> > backups on different dates overriding the single day backup and sortable by
> > name!  Hurray!!!  My hard drive disk space manager thanked me this morning.
>
> Yippee!  And there's a check box to turn off the successful backup
> message, too.  We can now change the number of times we run Quicken
> before it does an auto backup, so now my auto backups don't happen daily
> (or sometimes more frequently).
>
> The one thing I don't like, is that the Memo field now shows in the
> one-line register view, making the register awfully crowded.  The only
> option is to change the order of the Memo and Category fields.  It would
> be nice to be able to not show the Memo field in one-line display if we
> choose. Not a big deal though.  Well worth it for the other changes!  :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Margaret

The memo field is also a so called fix for this release.

To complain or discuss this with Quicken here is a link to Quicken's
support.

https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/quicken.cfg/php/enduser/contact.php?plvl1=94
From: Han on
"Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote in news:4b7e8d36$0$4988$607ed4bc(a)cv.net:

> And again, they changed the backup philosophy, but this time for the
> better! They took away the time stamp from the append date option, so
> FINALLY (for the first time in Q2010 I believe), we have the ability
> to create different backups on different dates overriding the single
> day backup and sortable by name! Hurray!!! My hard drive disk space
> manager thanked me this morning.

Yes, indeed! And now I can change a driveletter, and have another backup
on a different computer with just a single letter substitution. I just
have the same path on 2 machines, at least via the mapped drives on the
machine running Q2010. The actual paths are indeed different.

--
Best regards
Han
From: noladr on
noladr had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Quicken-2010-Premier-R7-Design-Flaw-21344-.htm
:
I too am REALLY unhappy about this change. After using Quicken - basically
since it came out - having the behavior of the <ENTER> key change in data
entry screens is immensely disturbing and disruptive! I have always used
<ENTER> to move from field to field, and then click the actual button I
want (Save & New) or (Save & Close) as appropriate.

Does anyone know if this is a 'by design' HORRIBLE decision... or if they
plan to fix this in an update?

Giving us the checkbox preference should handle people who DON'T want to
use ENTER to move from field to field... I can't for the life of me,
understand why they would want to strip our preference to use the <ENTER>
key as we sit fit?

Nola
-------------------------------------
jslcr1 wrote:

> That is interesting as I use the tab button to move from field to
> field and then use the "enter" key to finish my entry.
> R6 was probably an internal release for testing.
> I have not installed R7 yet.
> I usually wait for to see what problems come up.
> Also I do not allow Quicken to download the new release after I use do
> my updates.
> I manually download and then install.

> On Feb 18, 8:27=A0pm, dave <dllapi...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>> Upon downloading closing prices, I noted that the dowload manager
>> indicated a new update.
>>
>> The Release Notes included the statement:
>>
>> "User Interface and Navigation
>>
>> =95The preference Use Enter to key to move between fields now only
>> applies to the registers. It no longer changes the behavior of the
>> enter key in the rest of the product."
>>
>> I do not know what the tech writer thinks a "register"
>> is, but for
>> versions through Q2010 R5, one could input information in
>> investment
>> accounts moving from field to field by hitting either the Tab key
>> or
>> the Enter key. R7 appears to only use mouse movements to move
>> between
>> fields. =A0In my opinion, this is an unnecessary product
>> degradation.
>>
>> Yes, I checked Preferences to verify that the update did not
>> change my
>> preference.
>>
>> Intuit seems to have skipped R6. =A0The release notes for R7 are
>> posted
>> at--
>>

>> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-note...

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 21157 messages and counting!
From: hexHead� on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:43:38 +0000, noladr_at_comcast_dot_net(a)foo.com
(noladr) wrote:

>noladr had written this in response to
>http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Quicken-2010-Premier-R7-Design-Flaw-21344-.htm
> :
>I too am REALLY unhappy about this change. After using Quicken - basically
>since it came out - having the behavior of the <ENTER> key change in data
>entry screens is immensely disturbing and disruptive! I have always used
><ENTER> to move from field to field, and then click the actual button I
>want (Save & New) or (Save & Close) as appropriate.
>
>Does anyone know if this is a 'by design' HORRIBLE decision... or if they
>plan to fix this in an update?
>
>Giving us the checkbox preference should handle people who DON'T want to
>use ENTER to move from field to field... I can't for the life of me,
>understand why they would want to strip our preference to use the <ENTER>
>key as we sit fit?
>

>Nola
>-------------------------------------

Intuit moved all development offshore after Q2006.

Every version since then has been buggy, unreliable, and had previous
features either crippled or removed outright.

It seems that every new update (and there have already been 8 for
Q2010 in less than 6 months) only introduces more problems than they
actually solve.

Customer Support disappeared right along with the developers.
Have a problem? Good luck getting an answer.
In English anyway.

cue the Intuit apologists...
From: CSM1 on
noladr_at_comcast_dot_net(a)foo.com (noladr) wrote in

> noladr had written this in response to
> http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Quicken-2010-Premier-R7-Design-
Flaw-
> 21344-.htm
> :
> I too am REALLY unhappy about this change. After using Quicken -
> basically since it came out - having the behavior of the <ENTER> key
> change in data entry screens is immensely disturbing and disruptive! I
> have always used <ENTER> to move from field to field, and then click
> the actual button I want (Save & New) or (Save & Close) as
> appropriate.
>
> Does anyone know if this is a 'by design' HORRIBLE decision... or if
> they plan to fix this in an update?
>
> Giving us the checkbox preference should handle people who DON'T want
> to use ENTER to move from field to field... I can't for the life of
> me, understand why they would want to strip our preference to use the
> <ENTER> key as we sit fit?

I have Quicken Deluxe 2010, the option to use the Enter key to move
between fields is there in the preferences. (I use it)

Open a Data file. (Edit is not there until you do.)

Edit > Preferences > Quicken Preferences.
Select Quickfill under REGISTER.
Quickfill preferences, it is the top item. Check "Use enter key to move
between fields"

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

> Nola
> -------------------------------------
> jslcr1 wrote:
>
>> That is interesting as I use the tab button to move from field to
>> field and then use the "enter" key to finish my entry.
>> R6 was probably an internal release for testing.
>> I have not installed R7 yet.
>> I usually wait for to see what problems come up.
>> Also I do not allow Quicken to download the new release after I use
>> do my updates.
>> I manually download and then install.
>

>> On Feb 18, 8:27=A0pm, dave <dllapi...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>>> Upon downloading closing prices, I noted that the dowload manager
>>> indicated a new update.
>>>
>>> The Release Notes included the statement:
>>>
>>> "User Interface and Navigation
>>>
>>> =95The preference Use Enter to key to move between fields now only
>>> applies to the registers. It no longer changes the behavior of the
>>> enter key in the rest of the product."
>>>
>>> I do not know what the tech writer thinks a "register"
>>> is, but for
>>> versions through Q2010 R5, one could input information in
>>> investment
>>> accounts moving from field to field by hitting either the Tab key
>>> or
>>> the Enter key. R7 appears to only use mouse movements to move
>>> between
>>> fields. =A0In my opinion, this is an unnecessary product
>>> degradation.
>>>
>>> Yes, I checked Preferences to verify that the update did not
>>> change my
>>> preference.
>>>
>>> Intuit seems to have skipped R6. =A0The release notes for R7 are
>>> posted
>>> at--
>>>

>>> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-
note

> Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
> Tax and Accounting Software Forums
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 21157 messages and counting!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Page Scaling
Next: What happened to my balance column?