From: dave on
Upon downloading closing prices, I noted that the dowload manager
indicated a new update.

The Release Notes included the statement:

"User Interface and Navigation

•The preference Use Enter to key to move between fields now only
applies to the registers. It no longer changes the behavior of the
enter key in the rest of the product."

I do not know what the tech writer thinks a "register" is, but for
versions through Q2010 R5, one could input information in investment
accounts moving from field to field by hitting either the Tab key or
the Enter key. R7 appears to only use mouse movements to move between
fields. In my opinion, this is an unnecessary product degradation.

Yes, I checked Preferences to verify that the update did not change my
preference.

Intuit seems to have skipped R6. The release notes for R7 are posted
at--

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-notes/7527..html

From: jslcr1 on
That is interesting as I use the tab button to move from field to
field and then use the "enter" key to finish my entry.
R6 was probably an internal release for testing.
I have not installed R7 yet.
I usually wait for to see what problems come up.
Also I do not allow Quicken to download the new release after I use do
my updates.
I manually download and then install.

From: Andrew on
jslcr1 wrote:

And again, they changed the backup philosophy, but this time for the better!
They took away the time stamp from the append date option, so FINALLY (for
the first time in Q2010 I believe), we have the ability to create different
backups on different dates overriding the single day backup and sortable by
name! Hurray!!! My hard drive disk space manager thanked me this morning.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: CSM1 on
dave <dllapides(a)netscape.net> wrote in

> Upon downloading closing prices, I noted that the dowload manager
> indicated a new update.
>
> The Release Notes included the statement:
>

> "User Interface and Navigation
>
> �The preference Use Enter to key to move between fields now only
> applies to the registers. It no longer changes the behavior of the
> enter key in the rest of the product."
>
> I do not know what the tech writer thinks a "register" is, but for
> versions through Q2010 R5, one could input information in investment
> accounts moving from field to field by hitting either the Tab key or
> the Enter key. R7 appears to only use mouse movements to move between
> fields. In my opinion, this is an unnecessary product degradation.
>
> Yes, I checked Preferences to verify that the update did not change my
> preference.
>
> Intuit seems to have skipped R6. The release notes for R7 are posted
> at--
>
> http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/release-notes/
> 7527.html

You can change the behavior of the Enter key in Quicken preferences.

Edit > Preferences > Qucken Preferences. Register, QuckFill in the Data
Entry box. Check Use Enter key to move between fields.

I use Quicken Deluxe 2010 Release R 7.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Margaret on
Andrew wrote:
> jslcr1 wrote:
>>

> And again, they changed the backup philosophy, but this time for the better!
> They took away the time stamp from the append date option, so FINALLY (for
> the first time in Q2010 I believe), we have the ability to create different
> backups on different dates overriding the single day backup and sortable by
> name! Hurray!!! My hard drive disk space manager thanked me this morning.

Yippee! And there's a check box to turn off the successful backup
message, too. We can now change the number of times we run Quicken
before it does an auto backup, so now my auto backups don't happen daily
(or sometimes more frequently).

The one thing I don't like, is that the Memo field now shows in the
one-line register view, making the register awfully crowded. The only
option is to change the order of the Memo and Category fields. It would
be nice to be able to not show the Memo field in one-line display if we
choose. Not a big deal though. Well worth it for the other changes! :-)

Regards,

Margaret
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Page Scaling
Next: What happened to my balance column?