From: John Pollard on
hexHead� wrote:
>> -------------------------------------
>
> Intuit moved all development offshore after Q2006.
>
> Every version since then has been buggy, unreliable, and had previous
> features either crippled or removed outright.
>
> It seems that every new update (and there have already been 8 for
> Q2010 in less than 6 months) only introduces more problems than they
> actually solve.
>
> Customer Support disappeared right along with the developers.
> Have a problem? Good luck getting an answer.
> In English anyway.
>
> cue the Intuit apologists...

Ahh ...let's see if you can pretend that anyone who disagrees with you
must be wrong ... because .... well whatever bs makes you feel good.

Your pretense proves that you already know your position is indefensible.

Acutually, I defy you to demonstrate conclusively, that any Quicken
version is worse than any previous Quicken version (as opposed to your
personal opinion, which is clearly biased and zenophobic).

[Better yet: prove that you are smarter than those "disappeared"
"developers". You have not done that in this group so far.]

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: hexHead� on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:10:16 -0500, "John Pollard"
<8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> cue the Intuit apologists...
>
>Ahh ...let's see if you can pretend that anyone who disagrees with you
>must be wrong ... because .... well whatever bs makes you feel good.
>
>Your pretense proves that you already know your position is indefensible.
>
>Acutually, I defy you to demonstrate conclusively, that any Quicken
>version is worse than any previous Quicken version (as opposed to your
>personal opinion, which is clearly biased and zenophobic).
>
>[Better yet: prove that you are smarter than those "disappeared"
>"developers". You have not done that in this group so far.]

right on cue...
From: Han on
hexHead� <hexHead(a)msn.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:43:38 +0000, noladr_at_comcast_dot_net(a)foo.com
> (noladr) wrote:
>
>>noladr had written this in response to
>>http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Re-Quicken-2010-Premier-R7-Design-Flaw-
>>21344-.htm
>> :
>>I too am REALLY unhappy about this change. After using Quicken -
>>basically since it came out - having the behavior of the <ENTER> key
>>change in data entry screens is immensely disturbing and disruptive! I
>>have always used <ENTER> to move from field to field, and then click
>>the actual button I want (Save & New) or (Save & Close) as
>>appropriate.
>>
>>Does anyone know if this is a 'by design' HORRIBLE decision... or if
>>they plan to fix this in an update?
>>
>>Giving us the checkbox preference should handle people who DON'T want
>>to use ENTER to move from field to field... I can't for the life of
>>me, understand why they would want to strip our preference to use the
>><ENTER> key as we sit fit?
>>

>>Nola
>>-------------------------------------
>
> Intuit moved all development offshore after Q2006.
>
> Every version since then has been buggy, unreliable, and had previous
> features either crippled or removed outright.
>
> It seems that every new update (and there have already been 8 for
> Q2010 in less than 6 months) only introduces more problems than they
> actually solve.
>
> Customer Support disappeared right along with the developers.
> Have a problem? Good luck getting an answer.
> In English anyway.
>
> cue the Intuit apologists...

Far be it from me to really like ALL the changes in each new version.
But, in my personal opinion, most changes I easily got used to. I am not
apologetic for the Intuit software drones, but apparently more flexible
in my usage than some ...

Now, if the higher ups would only pay more attention to MAXIMIZING screen
real estate ... Anyone listening?

--
Best regards
Han