From: Pete Dashwood on

<docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:ejo7an$4nq$1(a)reader2.panix.com...

> Warning... it might be a Very Good Idea to make sure one's mouth is clear
> of liquids before bringing up the belowgiven URL.
>
> From http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/895064 :
>
> --begin quoted text:
>
> The wanted man eventually gave himself up.
>
> --end quoted text
>
> DD

ROFL!

Thanks for that, DOC.

You can see why we don't want the Police to have guns... :-)

Pete.

From: HeyBub on
docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> Warning... it might be a Very Good Idea to make sure one's mouth is
> clear of liquids before bringing up the belowgiven URL.
>
> From http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/895064 :
>
> --begin quoted text:
>
> The wanted man eventually gave himself up.
>
> --end quoted text

I post dozens of these on tx.guns

Check the one: "Kidnapper shoots self in testitcle...Ouch!"

From: HeyBub on
Pete Dashwood wrote:

> Thanks for that, DOC.
>
> You can see why we don't want the Police to have guns... :-)

We often suggest the cops have more training. There was a case in NY a
couple of years ago where four detectives shot at a goblin 42 times, from 15
feet, and only scored 19 hits.

In general, however, we Texans encourage most people - not just the
constabulary - to carry guns. "An armed society is a polite society" as the
saying goes.

Of the 50 states in the U.S. (plus D.C.) only four prohibit absolutely the
carrying of a concealed weapon. Of the 47 that do permit such, 38 are "shall
issue" states. That is, if you meet the legislative requirements (able to
stand up, see lightning, and hear thunder) the responsible agency MUST issue
the permit - no discretion allowed.

In my state, Texas, there is no requirement that the applicant be able to
see - that is, legally blind folks can, and do, obtain concealed handgun
permits.

Works out pretty well. Oh, there's the occassional child or innocent
bystander that's annoyed by an errant shot, but that's true of automobiles
too.

From: on
In article <4sa2piFup9cdU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:

><docdwarf(a)panix.com> wrote in message news:ejo7an$4nq$1(a)reader2.panix.com...
>>
>> Warning... it might be a Very Good Idea to make sure one's mouth is clear
>> of liquids before bringing up the belowgiven URL.
>>
>> From http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/895064 :

[snip]

>ROFL!
>
>Thanks for that, DOC.

Glad you enjoyed, old boy... actually, it was you I first thought of when
I read it.

DD
From: on
In article <12m0mstdjc9ptd2(a)news.supernews.com>,
HeyBub <heybubNOSPAM(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Pete Dashwood wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for that, DOC.
>>
>> You can see why we don't want the Police to have guns... :-)
>>

>We often suggest the cops have more training. There was a case in NY a
>couple of years ago where four detectives shot at a goblin 42 times, from 15
>feet, and only scored 19 hits.
>
>In general, however, we Texans encourage most people - not just the
>constabulary - to carry guns. "An armed society is a polite society" as the
>saying goes.

That saying, of course, accounts for the *exquisite* politesse of the
Japanese... ummmm, the Chinese... ummmmm, the Swedes... oh well, it
accounts for the well-known politesse of Dodge City... ummmmmm,
Tombstone... ummmmm... hey, a lot of those 'sayings' are just old wives'
tales, anyhow.

(Before anyone trots out that fine, old chestnut about how the murder
rate in Dodge City during the height of the Wild West Daze was half that
in Washington, DC in the 1990s... remember, the assertion was about being
*polite*, not about committing murder; the phenomenon of politesse is, I
would say, an intricate social phenomenon having to do more with the
aspiring towards a reified ideal than a fear of unlawful death... as the
saying goes, 'Cowards die a thousand deaths, the valiant taste of death
but once'.)

DD