From: Alistair on

docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> In article <4sk3gpF10c8huU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >Pete (who knows where his heart is...)
>
> You got a heart? During my Sergeanting-Daze there were those who swore
> that I had no such organ... just a thumpin' gizzard.
>
> DD

He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.

From: Pete Dashwood on

"Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>> In article <4sk3gpF10c8huU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
>> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> >Pete (who knows where his heart is...)
>>
>> You got a heart? During my Sergeanting-Daze there were those who swore
>> that I had no such organ... just a thumpin' gizzard.
>>
>> DD
>
> He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.

No, my brain is in a jar, in between the times I need to acquire a new body
for it... :-)

My heart was broken and discarded long ago... <sob> :-)

Here's a poem I wrote at the time (many years ago now)...

After the Fall

you took it all

except my heart

(why would you take a broken plaything?)

I found bits of it

buried amongst sand dunes at Omanu

tumbling in eternal crashing surf on Ocean Beach

spread across dark green

Ohauiti Welcome Bay

hills tumbling down forever

from turquoise sky

to tranquil harbour

reflective at high tide.

land is solid persistent

never failing, never faithless

truth and light

comfort me now

I am calm

Perhaps, this place can do what all the King's Horses

And all the King's Men

Could not.

=====================================

There is certainly something rejuvenative and restorative in living in
beautiful surroundings. We all need to recharge our batteries
occasionally...

Pete.

From: Alistair on

Pete Dashwood wrote:
> "Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> >> In article <4sk3gpF10c8huU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> >> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> >>
> >> [snip]

> >> You got a heart? During my Sergeanting-Daze there were those who swore
> >> that I had no such organ... just a thumpin' gizzard.
> >>
> >> DD
> >
> > He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.
> >

> No, my brain is in a jar, in between the times I need to acquire a new body
> for it... :-)
>
> My heart was broken and discarded long ago... <sob> :-)

I too had my heart broken a long time ago. I also wrote a poem.
Unfortunately it was an epic load of shite and has long been discarded.
I have only tried twice since then to write poetry, in the form of
blues ditties. Sadly, I've managed to misplace them so you can thank
your God that you will not be subjected to poetry on a par of the Vogon
Captain (see Hitch-Hikers ...)

From: HeyBub on
Alistair wrote:

> I too had my heart broken a long time ago. I also wrote a poem.
> Unfortunately it was an epic load of shite and has long been
> discarded. I have only tried twice since then to write poetry, in the
> form of blues ditties. Sadly, I've managed to misplace them so you
> can thank your God that you will not be subjected to poetry on a par
> of the Vogon Captain (see Hitch-Hikers ...)

"Ode to a lump of green clay I found in my armpit one morning" was the best.

From: Mark Wallace on
Alistair wrote:
> Pete Dashwood wrote:
>> "Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.
>>>
>> No, my brain is in a jar, in between the times I need to acquire a new body
>> for it... :-)
>>
>> My heart was broken and discarded long ago... <sob> :-)
>>

> I too had my heart broken a long time ago. I also wrote a poem.
> Unfortunately it was an epic load of shite and has long been discarded.
> I have only tried twice since then to write poetry, in the form of
> blues ditties. Sadly, I've managed to misplace them so you can thank
> your God that you will not be subjected to poetry on a par of the Vogon
> Captain (see Hitch-Hikers ...)

I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
something important to you can be debilitating:
http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm