From: Mark Wallace on
Alistair wrote:
> Mark Wallace wrote:
>> Alistair wrote:
>> I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
>> something important to you can be debilitating:
>> http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm
>
> You are showing definite symptoms of being a psychotic likely to move
> on to grannies and others.

Hmm... Interesting idea.

My granny died,
And it wasn't...

Nah. My mother would disown me.
From: Pete Dashwood on

"Mark Wallace" <mwallace(a)dse.nl> wrote in message
> Pete Dashwood wrote:
>> "Mark Wallace" <mwallace(a)dse.nl> wrote in message

>>> I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
>>> something important to you can be debilitating:
>>> http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm
>>
>> (Forward slashes missing from above link...)
>
> Oops. They must be around, somewhere; I'll probably find them as soon as
> I stop looking.
>
> Hey! I just clicked the link, so that I could go to a 404 page, fix it,
> and copy it out, but IE put the slashes in for me! When did that feature
> turn up, and why wasn't I told about it?

Ah, the secretive side of Microsoft... :-)

>> LOL!
>>
>> Nevertheless, some people really take it very hard when they lose a pet.
>> Witness all the tribute sites around the Web...
>>
>> Writing about it is a good way to help deal with it.
>
> ... But maybe not the way I did.
>
> I was sitting on a tram to Scheveningen (the seaside), when I came up with
> that one. Even I have doubts about the sanity of someone who can do such
> things with no direct inspiration whatsoever.

Perhaps the inspiration was not consciously noted?

Do you love animals, or do you find it difficult to understand why people
would keep pets, with all the attendant responsibility and hassle? (There is
no "wrong" answer; whatever you think is OK... :-))

Well, I thought your poem was very good.

I have a folder... My Documents> Writing> Poetry> Other Peoples... and your
poem is in it :-)

Sometimes, laughter is a form of rejection; we reject an idea or event by
laughing at it (sometimes, the reality is too hard to accept). Maybe this
comes in that category...or, maybe it was just a bit of fun. Either way,
your effort on a tram in Holland, caused laughter half a world away.

Thanks for that :-)

Pete.

From: Pete Dashwood on

> docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>> In article <1164300905.555485.93190(a)h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>> Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> >He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.
>>
>> A Classice Joke from the Oldene Dayse: 'So your (relative) is/has
>> performing/performed (accomplishment)... that's nothing! My (relative)
>> is
>> at (prominent institution of higher education)... in a jar in a
>> display-case!'
>>
>> DD
>
> I suspect that my right eye is in a glass jar at St. Thomas' Hospital,
> London.

Next time I'm there, I'll keep an eye out for it...

Pete.

From: Alistair on

Pete Dashwood wrote:
> "Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:

> >> A Classice Joke from the Oldene Dayse: 'So your (relative) is/has
> >> performing/performed (accomplishment)... that's nothing! My (relative)
> >> is
> >> at (prominent institution of higher education)... in a jar in a
> >> display-case!'
> >>
> >> DD
> >
> > I suspect that my right eye is in a glass jar at St. Thomas' Hospital,
> > London.
> >

> Next time I'm there, I'll keep an eye out for it...
>
> Pete.

You should have used a closing emoticon. Something like: ,-)

From: Howard Brazee on
On 23 Nov 2006 08:55:05 -0800, "Alistair"
<alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.

Robert Bloch often said (although only once in my presence), that he
has the heart of a little boy - in a jar on his desk.

My cardiologist knows what most women know - that the way to a man's
heart is through his groin.

(I have lots of stints).