From: on
In article <1164300905.555485.93190(a)h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
>> In article <4sk3gpF10c8huU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
>> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> >Pete (who knows where his heart is...)
>>
>> You got a heart? During my Sergeanting-Daze there were those who swore
>> that I had no such organ... just a thumpin' gizzard.
>
>He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.

A Classice Joke from the Oldene Dayse: 'So your (relative) is/has
performing/performed (accomplishment)... that's nothing! My (relative) is
at (prominent institution of higher education)... in a jar in a
display-case!'

DD

From: Pete Dashwood on

"Mark Wallace" <mwallace(a)dse.nl> wrote in message
> Alistair wrote:
>> Pete Dashwood wrote:
>>> "Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> No, my brain is in a jar, in between the times I need to acquire a new
>>> body
>>> for it... :-)
>>>
>>> My heart was broken and discarded long ago... <sob> :-)
>>>

>> I too had my heart broken a long time ago. I also wrote a poem.
>> Unfortunately it was an epic load of shite and has long been discarded.
>> I have only tried twice since then to write poetry, in the form of
>> blues ditties. Sadly, I've managed to misplace them so you can thank
>> your God that you will not be subjected to poetry on a par of the Vogon
>> Captain (see Hitch-Hikers ...)
>
> I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
> something important to you can be debilitating:
> http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm

(Forward slashes missing from above link...)

LOL!

Nevertheless, some people really take it very hard when they lose a pet.
Witness all the tribute sites around the Web...

Writing about it is a good way to help deal with it.

Pete

From: Mark Wallace on
Pete Dashwood wrote:
> "Mark Wallace" <mwallace(a)dse.nl> wrote in message
>> Alistair wrote:

>>> I too had my heart broken a long time ago. I also wrote a poem.
>>> Unfortunately it was an epic load of shite and has long been discarded.
>>> I have only tried twice since then to write poetry, in the form of
>>> blues ditties. Sadly, I've managed to misplace them so you can thank
>>> your God that you will not be subjected to poetry on a par of the Vogon
>>> Captain (see Hitch-Hikers ...)
>> I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
>> something important to you can be debilitating:
>> http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm
>
> (Forward slashes missing from above link...)

Oops. They must be around, somewhere; I'll probably find them as soon
as I stop looking.

Hey! I just clicked the link, so that I could go to a 404 page, fix it,
and copy it out, but IE put the slashes in for me! When did that
feature turn up, and why wasn't I told about it?

> LOL!
>
> Nevertheless, some people really take it very hard when they lose a pet.
> Witness all the tribute sites around the Web...
>
> Writing about it is a good way to help deal with it.

.... But maybe not the way I did.

I was sitting on a tram to Scheveningen (the seaside), when I came up
with that one. Even I have doubts about the sanity of someone who can
do such things with no direct inspiration whatsoever.
From: Alistair on

Mark Wallace wrote:
> Alistair wrote:
> > Pete Dashwood wrote:
> >> "Alistair" <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> I know exactly what you mean, and how the trauma of being deprived of
> something important to you can be debilitating:
> http:mwallace.net/m-pages/mycat.htm

You are showing definite symptoms of being a psychotic likely to move
on to grannies and others.

From: Alistair on

docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> In article <1164300905.555485.93190(a)h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Alistair <alistair(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >docdwarf(a)panix.com wrote:
> >> In article <4sk3gpF10c8huU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
> >> Pete Dashwood <dashwood(a)removethis.enternet.co.nz> wrote:
> >>
> >> [snip]

> >> You got a heart? During my Sergeanting-Daze there were those who swore
> >> that I had no such organ... just a thumpin' gizzard.
> >
> >He probably keeps his heart in a jar under the stairs.
>
> A Classice Joke from the Oldene Dayse: 'So your (relative) is/has
> performing/performed (accomplishment)... that's nothing! My (relative) is
> at (prominent institution of higher education)... in a jar in a
> display-case!'
>
> DD

I suspect that my right eye is in a glass jar at St. Thomas' Hospital,
London.