From: Joe McGuire on
Earlier this evening I cleared the Event Log and then installed the Canon
printer using the recent Canon CD. Same failure, of course. When I looked
at the event log I saw a warning and an error but these had no discernible
connection with Canon or printers as far as I could tell.

From: Joe McGuire on
Yes, that did it! Thanks for your help!