From: Joe McGuire on
In the course of reinstalling my Canon printer (MF4350d) I have consistently
run into this error message once I have installed the Canon drivers, which I
have done multiple times in the past few days trying to get my printer
working again. The Canon techs threw up their hands and said it is a
Windows problem. I am using WinXP SP3. Printer was working fine until we
made the mistake of trying to udate the drivers which required uninstalling
the current drivers thus putting me in this goofy neverland. Any
suggestions? I am on the verge of reformatting the hard drive for want of
any other inspiration and basically starting over. That's a ton of work and
since I have no idea why this error appears, I have no real confidence that
it will make a difference. (There may well be other reasons to reformat,
like I have so much stuff running andno idea what the heck it is...) What
is an INF? How would I recognize one? How can I tell if I have all the
"sections" in "the INF?" And if a section is missing--as the error tells
me--which section would that be and can I get a new section to add to the
INF? Do I just get a new INF? If so, where?

From: DL on
Run disk cleanup and clear your temp files. Disconnect your printer, reboot
the PC
Visit Cannon site, download / install the drivers
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010667.asp

Reformatting is probably unwise with your apparent limited knowledge - no
slight intended

From: Elmo on
Joe McGuire wrote:
> In the course of reinstalling my Canon printer (MF4350d), I have consistently
> run into this error message, once I have installed the Canon drivers, which I
> have done multiple times in the past few days, trying to get my printer
> working again. The Canon techs threw up their hands and said it is a
> Windows problem. I am using WinXP SP3. Printer was working fine until we
> made the mistake of trying to update the drivers, which required uninstalling
> the current drivers, thus putting me in this goofy Neverland. Any
> suggestions? I am on the verge of reformatting the hard drive, for want of
> any other inspiration, and basically starting over. That's a ton of work and
> since I have no idea why this error appears, I have no real confidence that
> it will make a difference. (There may well be other reasons to reformat,
> like I have so much stuff running and no idea what the heck it is...) What
> is an INF? How would I recognize one? How can I tell if I have all the
> "sections" in "the INF?" And if a section is missing--as the error tells
> me--which section would that be, and can I get a new section to add to the
> INF? Do I just get a new INF? If so, where?

INF is just an extension, like INI. INI usually stands for
"initialization" and .INF usually stands for "information".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INF_file
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file

Here's what I would do: Disable your antivirus, firewall and other
malware protection, and try the install again. Also try the install in
Safe Mode.

Download the latest drivers here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=DownloadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=335&modelid=17450

MF4350d UFR II Printer Driver for Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7
MF4350_MFDrivers_Win_x32_us_EN-7.exe

--
Joe =o)
From: philo on
Joe McGuire wrote:
> In the course of reinstalling my Canon printer (MF4350d) I have consistently
> run into this error message once I have installed the Canon drivers, which I
> have done multiple times in the past few days trying to get my printer
> working again. The Canon techs threw up their hands and said it is a
> Windows problem. I am using WinXP SP3. Printer was working fine until we
> made the mistake of trying to udate the drivers which required uninstalling
> the current drivers thus putting me in this goofy neverland. Any
> suggestions? I am on the verge of reformatting the hard drive for want of
> any other inspiration and basically starting over. That's a ton of work and
> since I have no idea why this error appears, I have no real confidence that
> it will make a difference. (There may well be other reasons to reformat,
> like I have so much stuff running andno idea what the heck it is...) What
> is an INF? How would I recognize one? How can I tell if I have all the
> "sections" in "the INF?" And if a section is missing--as the error tells
> me--which section would that be and can I get a new section to add to the
> INF? Do I just get a new INF? If so, where?

I would not do anything that drastic

maybe a System Restore will do the trick
From: Joe McGuire on
Thanks! No offense taken. I noticed thatou pointed me to a Canon European
site for driver(s) where my printer seems to be called iSensys MF4350d
instead of Image Class MF 4350d. I have my original install CD and Canon
sent me a CD with the drivers today and I had also downloaded drivers from
their (USA) site. Did you mean to recommend the drivers fromthe European
site over the others?