From: atec7 7 on
Swampfox wrote:
> Mr.T wrote:
> <snip>
>>> For "sustainable population" read fewer migrants and reffos, to
>>> court the bogan vote.
>>> Ms Gillard is a very canny politician.
>> Not IMO. Already doing backflips and silly slips like saying she's an
>> aetheist. I'm just hoping she doesn't self destruct before the
>> election and leave us stuck with the Abbott!
>
> Gillard's East Timor gambit is a masterstroke.
> Whether it ever comes to fruition or not she's neutralised the issue and
> created the perception that she's just as willing to ship people offshore as
> Abbott is.
Actually no
She has however already created the admission she is a consumate liar
but did get caught just as krud did
This will cost her party a good deal of good will
> It's a process that needs to be worked through, for that read no action
> before the election, but a process that she's committed to "pursuing
> rigourously", for that read action on reffos, whether it happens or not.

nah
> The atheist number is smart too, calling it honestly and not playing any
> charade, an intelligent, straight shooter we can all trust.
> The religious fundies vote conservative anyway, the rest just want to see an
> honest politician.
> I think you underestimate her.
not at all
she is proving though how easy failure is to embrace when caught out

From: Swampfox on
atec7 7 wrote:
> Swampfox wrote:
>> Mr.T wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Not IMO. Already doing backflips and silly slips like saying she's
>>> an aetheist. I'm just hoping she doesn't self destruct before the
>>> election and leave us stuck with the Abbott!
>>
>> Gillard's East Timor gambit is a masterstroke.
>> Whether it ever comes to fruition or not she's neutralised the issue
>> and created the perception that she's just as willing to ship people
>> offshore as Abbott is.
> Actually no
> She has however already created the admission she is a consumate liar
> but did get caught just as krud did
> This will cost her party a good deal of good will
>> It's a process that needs to be worked through, for that read no
>> action before the election, but a process that she's committed to
>> "pursuing rigourously", for that read action on reffos, whether it
>> happens or not.
>
> nah
>> The atheist number is smart too, calling it honestly and not playing
>> any charade, an intelligent, straight shooter we can all trust.
>> The religious fundies vote conservative anyway, the rest just want
>> to see an honest politician.
>> I think you underestimate her.
> not at all
> she is proving though how easy failure is to embrace when caught out

Correct me if I'm wrong but you wouldn't vote Labor if your life depended on
it.
Yours isn't the vote she's after.

From: atec77 on
On 10/07/2010 6:34 AM, Swampfox wrote:
> atec7 7 wrote:
>> Swampfox wrote:
>>> Mr.T wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Gillard's East Timor gambit is a masterstroke.
>>> Whether it ever comes to fruition or not she's neutralised the issue
>>> and created the perception that she's just as willing to ship people
>>> offshore as Abbott is.
>> Actually no
>> She has however already created the admission she is a consumate liar
>> but did get caught just as krud did
>> This will cost her party a good deal of good will
>>> It's a process that needs to be worked through, for that read no
>>> action before the election, but a process that she's committed to
>>> "pursuing rigourously", for that read action on reffos, whether it
>>> happens or not.
>>
>> nah
>>> The atheist number is smart too, calling it honestly and not playing
>>> any charade, an intelligent, straight shooter we can all trust.
>>> The religious fundies vote conservative anyway, the rest just want
>>> to see an honest politician.
>>> I think you underestimate her.
>> not at all
>> she is proving though how easy failure is to embrace when caught out
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but you wouldn't vote Labor if your life depended on
> it.
I voted for the silver headed bloke once

and you know whats said about once bitten considering that poofter in
the suite took over

s isn't the vote she's after.

From: Mr.T on

"Swampfox" <noidea(a)whocares.com> wrote in message
> Gillard's East Timor gambit is a masterstroke.
> Whether it ever comes to fruition or not she's neutralised the issue and
> created the perception that she's just as willing to ship people offshore
as
> Abbott is.

So in fact she's put the labor supporters who disagree with the libs policy
offside, whilst she is unlikely to get any of the hard right to change
camps.
Not much of a masterstroke!
IF she wanted to gain support she would simply announce a cut in the
official migrant intake that has gone up continuously under both Liberal and
Labor governments. THAT would show her "sustainable population" idea is not
mere rhetoric at least. The boat people are a mere drop in the ocean
compared to the official migrant intake.

> The atheist number is smart too, calling it honestly and not playing any
> charade, an intelligent, straight shooter we can all trust.
> The religious fundies vote conservative anyway, the rest just want to see
an
> honest politician.
> I think you underestimate her.

And I think you overestimate the general voter's level of intelligence.

MrT.

From: Swampfox on
Mr.T wrote:
> "Swampfox" <noidea(a)whocares.com> wrote in message
>> Gillard's East Timor gambit is a masterstroke.
>> Whether it ever comes to fruition or not she's neutralised the issue
>> and created the perception that she's just as willing to ship people
>> offshore as Abbott is.
>
> So in fact she's put the labor supporters who disagree with the libs
> policy offside, whilst she is unlikely to get any of the hard right
> to change camps.
> Not much of a masterstroke!

The hard right vote Liberal or National now that Hanson has departed, she's
after the bogan vote in the mortgage belt.

> IF she wanted to gain support she would simply announce a cut in the
> official migrant intake that has gone up continuously under both
> Liberal and Labor governments. THAT would show her "sustainable
> population" idea is not mere rhetoric at least. The boat people are a
> mere drop in the ocean compared to the official migrant intake.

Give her time, I'm sure you'll find a cut in migration numbers announced pre
election.

>> The atheist number is smart too, calling it honestly and not playing
>> any charade, an intelligent, straight shooter we can all trust.
>> The religious fundies vote conservative anyway, the rest just want
>> to see an honest politician.
>> I think you underestimate her.
>
> And I think you overestimate the general voter's level of
> intelligence.

Never.
The voters at large are not unintelligent but invariably vote from self
interest, if they think that they can trust a certain politician then it's
in their best interest to vote for them.
I'm not sure that they trust Abbott.

> MrT.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17