From: Anna Wood on
TOP,

I would not make the assumption that graphic cards have gotten
slower. My graphics cards on my systems are very low end onboard
video or game cards (that is why I noted the graphic card specs in my
post). Art's system is a laptop and probably a bit lower end on the
graphics cards scale.

I will post numbers from my work machine which has a P4 dual core
Intel and an FX 3450 graphics card Monday evening.

I would like to see some results from folks with the Intel C2D E6700
and with the FX1500 and up graphics cards. I would expect even better
numbers from the benchmark.

Regards,

Anna Wood

From: Gil Alsberg on
Anna,
Here are my results from SW2007 x64 SP2.2 on an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo
with Quadro FX1500:

OS : Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional x64 Edition
OS SP : Service Pack 2
CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
# of CPU : 2
Memory : 2046

**** Overall Test Results ****
Note: All results are in seconds.
Lower scores are better.

Test Number 1
Test Total = 344.65
Graphics = 94.49
CPU = 102.05
I/O = 148.11

Test Number 2
Test Total = 350.02
Graphics = 100.17
CPU = 104.85
I/O = 145

Test Number 3
Test Total = 396.4
Graphics = 107.95
CPU = 104.68
I/O = 183.77

Test Number 4
Test Total = 331.93
Graphics = 99.97
CPU = 95.51
I/O = 136.45

Test Number 5
Test Total = 345.76
Graphics = 92.98
CPU = 103.02
I/O = 149.76

Test Averages for 5 tests(s).
Test Total = 353.75
Graphics = 99.11
CPU = 102.02
I/O = 152.62

Cheers,

Gil

From: TOP on
Anna,

I was being a bit sarcastic about SPECapc because it should be obvious
that CPU and IO should not flip flop with graphic scores. If SPECapc
was really a benchmark scores from one year would be comparable with
scores from another year. They are not.

TOP

From: Anna Wood on
TOP,

You are using the benchmark differently then what I plan to use it
for. I really do not care about past performance of older version of
SolidWorks. For us the biggest performance issues we have are
typically user induced.

We use the latest software versions from SolidWorks, for us it is
important to keep up with our customers. My interest at the moment is
to see what is the best, most cost effective hardware I can get to get
the most out of the current version of SolidWorks.

Different strokes for different folks.... :-)

Regards,

Anna

From: TOP on
Anna,

I use it for the same things you do. I just question using the term
benchmark because benchmarks aren't supposed to move and SPECapc moves
from release to release and year to year.

Call it a stress test or something else because that is all it is.

TOP