From: Dale Dunn on
It's out:

http://www.spec.org/gpc/downloadindex.html
From: TOP on
And here are the rules. Anybody care to backup to SP0 to run it?

# Solidworks 2007

1. The benchmark must be run using Solidworks2007 service pack 0.
2. The application window size must not be changed from its initial
size.
3. The submission must contain a result.txt file generated by
running the benchmark. Its contents are extracted from the file
apcresultsN.txt, generated by the benchmark, where N is the number of
the benchmark test run.
4. The submission will be derived from the best composite generated
by the default 5 benchmark runs, as controlled and reported by the
benchmark GUI.
5. The appearance of the the application's Quick Tips / Dynamic
Help box, or other pop-ups that do not dismiss themselves, will cause
the benchmark run to be invalid. The benchmark FAQ has information on
how to prevent this.
6. The directory structure of the submission must be as follows:
.../company-name/system_1/sw2007/result.txt
.../company-name/system_2/sw2007/result.txt
etc...
7. The submission file must be named company_apc_sw2007_vN.zip
where company is the member company or organization name in lower case
and vN is the file version (e.g. ibm_apc_sw2007_v0.zip.) The initial
submission is v0. Resubmitted files must have the version number
incremented.

From: Dale Dunn on
TOP <kellnerp(a)cbd.net> wrote in news:1178821795.509658.107260
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

> And here are the rules. Anybody care to backup to SP0 to run it?

I believe a requirement for sp0.0 was stated in the instructions for
previous versions as well. I'm fairly certain it wasn't enforced in the
software then, and I hope it isn't now. I'm certainly not rolling back for
it, and a lot of people don't have sp0.0 install media.

From: Art Woodbury on
In article <1178821795.509658.107260(a)n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, kellnerp(a)cbd.net says...
> And here are the rules. Anybody care to backup to SP0 to run it?

I have SP0.0 on my Dell M70, and I'm downloading now....at 8kbps!!!! Only 3 hours to go :(
Their servers must be saturated.

Art W.
From: TOP on
It is a requirement in order to submit results to SPEC. If you use the
benchmark to compare hardware it is necessary. If you use it to
compare SW service packs it is not necessary but SPEC won't accept
results.

TOP