First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Problem with Windows XP: Cannot join Samba PDC
For an "NT4/Samba" domain, DNS is not relevant. The XP client will locate the PDC via netbios. WINS is not essential but definately helps. On the XP machine, type "ipconfig /all" and make sure that your XP machine is configured for the WINS server. Also, make sure on your XP TCP/IP settings that you hav... 1 Jul 2010 08:51
Adding Domain User Accounts to Windows 7 Clients (Samba3.4.8 PDC)
> I precreate my machine accounts via LAM (http://www.ldap-account-manager.org/) and that seems to work. I have had a little of the NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER for machine accounts but I think I have that solved. Ah, good point.  If you are using smbldap_tools, what version? # equery l smbldap-tools [... 17 Jun 2010 13:25
Adding Domain User Accounts to Windows 7 Clients (Samba 3.4.8 PDC)
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Walton, Bryan K <bryan-walton(a)uiowa.edu> wrote: Does anybody have any ideas? I precreate my machine accounts via LAM (http://www.ldap-account-manager.org/) and that seems to work. I have had a little of the NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER for machine accounts but I think I have tha... 18 Jun 2010 10:13
Adding Domain User Accounts to Windows 7 Clients (Samba3.4.8 PDC)
SNIP Does anybody have any ideas? I've run into this. It's a real bear. I've found that a proper WINS setup is very useful, but more important is to find out what is going on during the wire transactions. Google the appropriate one of these tools for your platform: NM33_x64.exe NM33_x86.e... 17 Jun 2010 18:59
Adding Domain User Accounts to Windows 7 Clients (Samba 3.4.8 PDC)
Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks, Bryan Walton On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:22:25PM -0500, Walton, Bryan K wrote: Hi, I've searched the logs and google trying to find a fix for my problem and have so far not succeeded. I've got a Samba PDC (Debian Lenny), running Samba 3.4.8 from Debian B... 18 Jun 2010 10:13
[Samba] Symlink Issue
I've recently upgraded a server and am having an issue with symlinks that used to work but are now broken. The links are on one of the filesystems shared by Samba, but point to directories on an NFS-mounted volume. The permissions and export on the NFS volume are such that both root and normal users on this Samba ser... 17 Jun 2010 13:25
Joining an AD domain when hostname != netbios name
[Samba] Joining an AD domain when hostname != netbios name
I'm trying to join a RHEL5 host to an AD domain, and can do this successfully when I set those hostname to the same value as the samba "netbios name" parameter. However, when I try with a hostname != netbios name, it fails. Is it possible to join a machine when the hostname isn't the same as the netbios name? Th... 17 Jun 2010 12:18
[Samba] Problem with Windows XP: Cannot join Samba PDC
I have tried several times to get Windows XP client join SAMBA PDC domain, but no luck. I follow some nice guide from Ubuntu Forum and samba Document, my Samba PDC working with OpenLDAP. When I type join XP to domain I get : http://osvn.pastebin.com/QUpVVq5q <http://osvn.pastebin.com/QUpVVq5q> DOMAIN is name... 17 Jun 2010 11:09
[Samba] Samba 4 Cleanup Managing and Otherwise
OK, there has got to be a way to work with this thing other than wiping the Domain every time an error pops up. Trying to resolve problems I did a git upgrade and: setup# /usr/local/samba/sbin/upgradeprovision Which provided the unhelpful: Found 3 domain controllers, for the moment upgradeprovision is not... 16 Jun 2010 23:13