First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
weekly samba kerberos failure
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 12:39:09PM -0400, Hong K Phooey wrote: We have a service on our windows system that drops files onto a samba share every 10 minutes. This has worked fine, except after one week, the system will fail. We usually restart samba and winbind on the linux side, and then restart the service on the... 21 Jun 2010 16:55
[Samba] weekly samba kerberos failure
We have a service on our windows system that drops files onto a samba share every 10 minutes. This has worked fine, except after one week, the system will fail. We usually restart samba and winbind on the linux side, and then restart the service on the windows box to resolve the issue. This week we decieded to let... 21 Jun 2010 13:34
[Samba] net ads join gives krb5 error
Does anyone know what produces this error ? Everything seems to work o.k. , but this has introduced itself when the first windows 2008 PDC was installed. net ads join createupn=nfs/hostname.company.net(a)COMPANY.NET -U superuser Enter superuser's password: Using short domain name -- DOMAIN Joined 'HOSTNAME' to... 21 Jun 2010 10:13
[Samba] ADS and Groups
Hi All I have joined SAMBA server with ADS and would like to know the correct interpretation for mentioning the groups defined in AD, local (/etc/group) if that possible into the smb.conf So far I have used DOMAIN\USER1 with spaces or commas, or "%D\USER1" working Ok But if the user list is large and we do... 21 Jun 2010 10:13
Slow domain logons with samba PDC
Just for information, it was due to a problem with Lotus notes single logon, i had to modify winXp registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order and to clean the entry and now everything works normally. Le lundi 07 juin 2010 09:50:57, vous avez écrit : Hi all, ... 21 Jun 2010 03:43
[Samba] 'rights' usage of 'Domain Admins' - User can't take possession of file on server...should it work?
I'm a little fuzzy about this, but I can't think of why samba would provide rights if it wasn't for this case. As mentioned in the HOWTO, domain admins, on a samba host, have no special rights other than what are assigned using "net rpc rights". So I assigned the "TakeOwnerShip" right to that group. I placed ... 21 Jun 2010 02:35
hardlink unlink-before-save?
Bartosz Stec wrote: Hello list On my server almost half of files are duplicated, and there are almost 100GB of data which is growing fast. I'm using weekly script to find duplicated files and replace them with hardlinks. Everything is fine as long as users aren't trying to edit and save some docum... 21 Jun 2010 10:13
Samba Transfer Efficiency (undocumented perf hint for Win7 gives 10X write speeds)
I can share what I have, but won't claim they are optimal for everyone. For win7, they give near theoretical performance on writes (with win7 tuned correctly as well). Will only mention a few pertinent items. Standard disclaimers concerning your software, work load and hardware all need to be considered when... 21 Jun 2010 21:24
machine password changed in secrets.tdb
Any reply to this mail? On 18 June 2010 14:19, Rajesh Ghanekar <rajesh_ghanekar(a)symantec.com> wrote: Hi, I see my machine password change in secrets.tdb. I am not sure who initiated it. But can this happen automatically after "7 days" as mentioned in following link initiated by someone else (... 24 Jun 2010 03:08
Persistent connections to Samba in Windows
Hallo, vtv, Du meintest am 17.06.10: I am setting up samba to allow me and my collegues to share files between us. The Samba server isn't running as a domain controller or uses LDAP. I use the local linux accounts and Samba accounts. The problem i have is getting the shares to be truly persisten... 20 Jun 2010 11:15