First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
[Samba] Authentication
Is it possible to configure samba so that a printer that is shared requires a user on a windows sytem to authenticate every time they print? -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba ... 22 Jun 2010 17:09
[Samba] How do I get a real username in samba pdc instead of , , , ?
Hi, I've got a Samba PDC running, there is one weird problem though . On all Windows machines it shows comma's like this: ,,, instead of the user name. I used the following commands to add users and groups: # net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=root rid=512 type=d # net groupmap add ntgroup="D... 22 Jun 2010 16:02
xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart
Which samba version? Are these XP Pro or XP Home machines. If XP Pro, have you tried joining the machine to the domain? When you map a drive letter to a samba share from XP, are you using "LocalPC\yourname" or "Domain\Yourname" when specifying credentials? Are you mapping the drive with Windows explorer ... 24 Jun 2010 13:01
[Samba] winbindd Idmap and smbd errors failures and warnings in logs
Hello everybody, I configured a running samba server that seems to work, except that the logs are full with failures, errors and warnings. They seem to be related to winbindd idmap and smbd endpoints. I attached some of my debug information, can somebody help explaining these errors so I can try solving them a... 22 Jun 2010 09:21
[Samba] xp clients can't auth after reboot without smb restart
I currently have several fresh installs of XP that will connect to shares, but will not reconnect after a workstation reboot. These are workstations that are not joined to the domain. Only accessing shares from a local profile, but using the same user/pass to login as to connect to Samba. I get various errors at... 22 Jun 2010 08:16
one user member of multiple groups
You should be able to have the unix user listed in multiple unix groups e.g cat /etc/passwd .... marketing:1500:user-1,user-2,user-3 .... If the groups are mapped to windows groups (verify with "net groupmap list") that should be sufficient. On 06/21/2010 09:54 PM, mrdlnf wrote: Hi All, ... 22 Jun 2010 20:27
[Samba] Problem printing to windows printer
Hello, I've encountered a problem printing to a windows print share and am uncertain how to go about resolving my problem. From what I've been able to tell, the problem lies in samba. I've got a fedora 13 box with samba installed and running on it. My goal is to print to a windows print share. I am able... 22 Jun 2010 02:51
[Samba] one user member of multiple groups
Hi All, How to add one user into multiple groups? Example : Group-A : user-1, user-2, user-3 Group-B : user-2, user-3, user-4, user-5 I have read samba manual but still didn't get an idea how to implement it. I saw in old archive (2003), i must use samba ACL but i can't found an example to do it. Thanks ... 21 Jun 2010 22:30
[Samba] SAMBA + CTDB
Hello, I am currently trying to compile newest samba 3.5.3 with ctdb (from git repository) on Debian Lenny (version 5.0.4). I am using following 'configure' command: ./configure --with-cluster-support --with-shared-modules=idmap_tdb2 --with-ads --enable-pie=no and unfortunatelly I have following error: ... 21 Jun 2010 18:03
Preserve create/modify dates and attributes in samba
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 04:18:40PM -0400, Derek Lewis wrote: I have Samba 3.4.7 running with basic shares under Ubuntu 10.04, though I am interested in configuring Samba to store the Windows file attributes and create/modify dates. I have found some hints to this being done though no details. I have experimented w... 21 Jun 2010 16:55