First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
[Samba] Join W7 pro to samba PDC
Hello everyone, system: Debian squeeze samba 3.4.8 I make a samba PDC like one exist in lenny on my network XP PRO an W2K pro can join to the domain machine and users and users can log in the domain. With W7 PRO, after changing registry key : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Lanman... 30 Jun 2010 10:52
Can Map shares but cannot write
Did you try temporarily commenting out the "valid users" and "write list" lines. That should make it writable by default. If you are then able to write it suggests that samba is not correctly matching up the users' groups to the "valid users" and "write list" groups. Although if this were the case then y... 30 Jun 2010 16:29
[Samba] Can Map shares but cannot write
Here is the scenario: AD-authentication is functioning fine. I can query users and group info from wbinfo and getent just fine. The clients can map to the shares, but cannot write to the shares. I have tried variations of chmod 777 on absolute paths to enable read/write access to no avail. The share is co... 30 Jun 2010 09:46
Password policies in the LDAP server
Well, if this can help anybody, i found a workaround that is not perfect, but works fine. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/389-users/2010-June/011685.html Regards. El 28 de junio de 2010 12:40, Juan Asensio Sánchez <okelet(a)gmail.com>escribió: Hi We have some Samba servers using LDAP (389 DS) as bac... 6 Jul 2010 05:43
[Samba] Listing Domain Local Groups from a Samba Member (NT4 PDC)
Good Morning to all, Sorry if this is spam to some of you, not sure if this is more technical or not... Considering i have been fighting for a week now on this trying all possible checks and configs out there on the net, i thought i better come to the experts. ;o) My last resort is to upgrade to latest samba ... 30 Jun 2010 03:15
Samba 3.3 ldap tools
These connections that give error are stablished with the ldap system libs, not with smbldap-tools (that use perl), so you have to configure your system to use your certificates (etc/{ldap,openldap}/ldap.conf). regards. 2010/6/30 Indexer <indexer(a)internode.on.net> I am currently trying to setup my Samba se... 30 Jun 2010 03:15
[Samba] Samba 3.3 ldap tools
I am currently trying to setup my Samba server to act as a samba PDC, with ldap as a backend. I have a selfsigned CA, that has signed the certificates to my ldap server. Starting my smbd, i keep getting the message smb_ldap_setup_connection: ldap://ldap.streetgeek.lan/ Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: ... 29 Jun 2010 23:59
Long delays when launching programs for the first time in my Windows 7 Profile (Samba 3.4.3 as PDC)
I don't know about the program delays, but the long time delay for the Win7 users sounds like it is copying the profile from your PDC to the user's workstation the first time. YES -- win7 is inordinately slow copying profiles. I've had it take 45 minutes just to log out. But it would take a long time the fi... 30 Jun 2010 12:00
Samba Forum vs. Mailing List?`!
Tom H. Lautenbacher wrote: Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if there is an official Samba Forum, because I could not find any on the Project Page. If there isn't any, is there a particular reason for this not-existance? --- No need? Why do you need a forum with a mailing list? Forums ar... 30 Jun 2010 17:35
[Samba] Samba Forum vs. Mailing List?`!
Hello everyone, I wanted to ask if there is an official Samba Forum, because I could not find any on the Project Page. If there isn't any, is there a particular reason for this not-existance? Best regards Tom H. Lautenbacher -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the... 29 Jun 2010 18:30