First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
[Samba] Risks of NT4 -> Samba Migration
I have a Windows NT4 domain that I'm considering migrating to Samba. It has three domain controllers, all of which are WINS servers, about 350 computers and around 250 users. It also has a trust relationship with an Active Directory domain. I'd be migrating to three Samba servers backed by LDAP and only one of them ... 5 Jul 2010 00:14
Identical user entry in pdbedit (tdbsam)
What does the following command show? #getent passwd | grep -I UserA -----Original Message----- From: samba-bounces(a)lists.samba.org [mailto:samba-bounces(a)lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Abe Lau Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:27 PM To: samba(a)lists.samba.org Subject: [Samba] Identical user entry in pdbedit (tdbsam... 4 Jul 2010 23:09
[Samba] Identical user entry in pdbedit (tdbsam)
Hi, On a routine checking on the PDC last week, I found 2 identical user entries displayed under "pdbedit -Lv" (identical "User SID" and "Primary Group SID" etc.). With "pdbedit -x -u UserA", both entries of UserA got removed. As soon as I re-add UserA to the samba user list, an identical duplicate of UserA w... 4 Jul 2010 21:00
Set ACLs on Samba share from Windows
I have a Samba server, Operating system Samba Version. Does *Nix file system used support ACL's? Are ACL's turned on for the samba share mountpoint? joined to my Windows Active Directory domain, and I'm having a problem setting ACLs on a share from Windows. On Windows, I get the... 8 Jul 2010 06:57
[Samba] Set ACLs on Samba share from Windows
I can't seem to verify whether or my first attempt at sending this message was successful, so I'm reposting it, using a different method. I apologize if anyone has seen it already. I have a Samba server, joined to my Windows Active Directory domain, and I'm having a problem setting ACLs on a share from Windo... 4 Jul 2010 17:44
[Samba] Removing a Samba4 DC from a Samba4 domain
Hi, I have followed the steps described on the Samba wiki to setup a Samba4 domain and have added a second Samba4 dc to it: http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4/HOWTO/Join_a_domain_as_a_DC I was wondering what the process was to remove this server from the domain? Is there a Samba4 net command that should be... 4 Jul 2010 01:30
[Samba] Samba 3.0.33 ignoring group ACL after joining to AD
Hello, I have installed CentOS 4.8 with samba 3.0.33. After joining to AD, group permission do not work. After "net groupmap add..." command nothing changed: # getfacl TESTDIR/ # file: TESTDIR # owner: root # group: testgroup user::rwx group::rwx other::--- user1 is in group "testgroup" net groupmap... 3 Jul 2010 13:28
sambaLogonScript problem
On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac <lscarneiro(a)veltrac.com.br> wrote: Hi everyone, I'm having trouble in deploying by group sambaLogonScript. My scripts consist only im mapping network folders. I'm using Samba 3.4.7. Is there a way to debug this? The logs does not show ... 5 Jul 2010 08:52
[Samba] sambaLogonScript problem
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble in deploying by group sambaLogonScript. My scripts consist only im mapping network folders. I'm using Samba 3.4.7. Is there a way to debug this? The logs does not show anything about the logon scripts. All my users are set with "%G.bat" in the ldap backend, but the vast m... 3 Jul 2010 11:16
[Samba] How to define an UID range for BUILTIN accounts
Hi all, I've got a Debian Lenny Samba server on which I'm trying to define UID ranges for the handful of domains it connects to. I'm using the RID backend successfully for the domains: I can switch to it successfully from the old self defined UID's, and then getent passwd/group show the new expected ones. ... 3 Jul 2010 09:03