First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[Samba] Samba4 removing a DC from domain!?
I succeeded "Samba4 joining a domain as a DC ". But how remove a samba4 dc again from a samba4 domain? Is there a way without using lbdedit?! Greetings Daniel -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba ... 9 Aug 2010 14:34
best way to deal with Windows 7 (.V2) profiles?
>>> On 2010/08/09 at 11:25, Stefan Onken <support(a)stonki.de> wrote: Hello, I have some users using sometimes Windows XP and sometimes Windows 7. In my smb.comf I only have one profile section, now Samba is creating both "profile" and "profile.V2" in the /home/<user> directory. Resulting in using ... 9 Aug 2010 15:41
[Samba] best way to deal with Windows 7 (.V2) profiles?
Hello, I have some users using sometimes Windows XP and sometimes Windows 7. In my smb.comf I only have one profile section, now Samba is creating both "profile" and "profile.V2" in the /home/<user> directory. Resulting in using twice the disk space. 1) Is there any way to link them ? 2) Do I need a profil... 9 Aug 2010 14:34
[Samba] AD to Kerberos + LDAP + NFS migration
Hi there, We need some advise about making a migration from AD to Kerberos + LDAP + NFS in our company. The actual situation: we have 60 client hosts with Windows, authenticating in a Windows 2003 server with Active Directory. We are starting to use and independent authenticating system composed by Kerberos, OpenLDAP... 9 Aug 2010 13:27
[Samba] HOWTO samba4 centos5.5 named dnsupdate drbd simple failover
centOs5.5/samba4/named here is a short guide setting it up to work. First of all do not install the bind package coming with centos 5.5!! Install needs for samba yum install libacl* gnutls* readline* python* gdb* autoconf* Named installation: Here is a description on what to do: http://jason.roysdon.net/2009/10/... 9 Aug 2010 11:13
local admin rights for roaming profiles
.... The another reason is to i dont wanna give local admin privileges to all the users! (some users are extremly dangerous with local admin permissions). how can i provide that admin privileges only to access the app shared on \\SAMBASERVER\shared . CPAU might do what you want, but it isn't terrific from... 9 Aug 2010 10:06
Automatic change of machine passwords seems to brake trust relationship for Windows 7 clients
On 2010-08-09 14:18, Stefan Oberwahrenbrock wrote: We are observing the following phenomenon: After 30 days our Windows 7 clients lose their trust relationship with the samba domain. We think, that the automatic machine password change on these clients fails. I posted a message about the very same proble... 9 Aug 2010 10:06
[Samba] pdbedit: manually change password
Hello :) using pdbedit how can change user password (manually)? thanks Pol -- To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/options/samba ... 9 Aug 2010 10:06
[Samba] Automatic change of machine passwords seems to brake trust relationship for Windows 7 clients
Hello! We are observing the following phenomenon: After 30 days our Windows 7 clients lose their trust relationship with the samba domain. We think, that the automatic machine password change on these clients fails. As a result of this, the trust relationship is broken and the machine has to be re- joined. Th... 9 Aug 2010 09:00
[Samba] Changing shares permissions
Hi list, I have a new install of Samba 4, and was wondering how I can define file access permissions (read/write etc). testparm and samba both reject the use of 'writeable' and 'valid users', so I'm quite stuck as to how the permissions can be set. I have tried using the Remote Administration Tools (specific... 9 Aug 2010 04:41