First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Throughput problem with Samba 3.3.4 over VPN
On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 10:06:40AM -0400, Ludovic Rouse-Lamarre wrote: I am currently in the process of improving performance for a Samba 3.3.4 server on FreeBSD 7.0. The samba server works great when mounted from another machine located on the same network but when I try to use it over our corporate VPN (O... 5 Aug 2010 15:46
[Samba] Throughput problem with Samba 3.3.4 over VPN
Hi, I am currently in the process of improving performance for a Samba 3.3.4 server on FreeBSD 7.0. The samba server works great when mounted from another machine located on the same network but when I try to use it over our corporate VPN (OpenVPN with tap interface) the throughput won't go over 4,5 Mbps. The pi... 5 Aug 2010 11:20
Domain trust between a Samba PDC domain and W2K AD domain
It may depend somewhat on the domain or forest mode of the AD domain. I had partial success with Samba 3.0.x and a Windows 2003 domain in mixed mode. However the winbind idmap entries would expire from cache and not refresh. I couldn't get Samba 3.0.x to trust an AD domain in Windows 2003 native mode. U... 5 Aug 2010 11:20
[Samba] Domain trust between a Samba PDC domain and W2K AD domain
Hello, I would like to know which version of Samba is requied, if possible at all, to perform the following: I have a Samba domain (server is configured as a PDC) that requires to trust an AD domain (two-way) in order to share network ressources on both domains ? Many thanks -- To unsubscribe from thi... 5 Aug 2010 09:07
Error: Incorrect password length
Hi On 4 August 2010 00:39, Karotu Tannang <karotu(a)nauoi.com.ki> wrote: Hi, I just upgraded my server to support Windows 7 and so installed Samba 3.5.4 from 3.2.5. OS is Debian Lenny. Now my Windows XP clients cannot join the Domain. Are the Windows 7 clients able to join the domain? When joini... 5 Aug 2010 03:44
Samba and ZFS
Solaris 10 includes samba 3.0.x with zfs support. Sun backported zfs modules from newer sun releases. If you were to download samba from www.samba.org you would have to go with 3.4 or 3.5 for the zfs module. In the short term, assuming you don't have Vista or Windows 7 clients and aren't doing domain ... 5 Aug 2010 03:44
PDC Migration
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM, yudi shiddiq <yudi.shiddiq(a)yahoo.com> wrote: Hi all, I need help, This time i want to migrate samba PDC(backend ldap) to new machine, new machine used different samba version but file configuration is the same, i have made new samba pdc succesfully, but i failed to migrat... 4 Aug 2010 09:13
[Samba] PDC Migration
Hi all, I need help, This time i want to migrate samba PDC(backend ldap) to new machine, new machine used different samba version but file configuration is the same, i have made new samba pdc succesfully, but i failed to migrate all account from old machine to new machine, i have done this step to migrate... 4 Aug 2010 09:13
[Samba] Samba and ZFS
Hi, I've recently moved our student fileserver from a Solaris 10 server that was using UFS filesytems to a new Sun Cluster. As part of the move I decided to employ ZFS for the filesystem so that I could take advantage of some of ZFS's features. However, it now seems that windows does not report the amoun... 4 Aug 2010 07:04
[Samba] Strange Win7 message <SOLVED>
This error message belongs to the situation, if a user, who has a username longer than 20 characters, wants to login to Win7 I personally find that a shame that WinXP could have much more than 20 characters in a username and almost silently this has been changed with Vista SP1 ... beside the very useable error me... 4 Aug 2010 06:00