From: Bob I on
Apparently he doesn't think internet access is networking.

From: Peter Foldes on
Aha. It is Hot-Text with a new name

--
Peter

From: Tom Willett on
Can't be. This guy is more comprehensible.

"Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: Aha. It is Hot-Text with a new name
:
: --
: Peter
:
: Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
: Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
:
: "Tom Willett" <tom(a)youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote in message
: news:eu%23I7fapKHA.3792(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: > Bob: There's no doubt he's an IT expert ;-) Or, from the Geek Squad
: >
: > "Bob I" <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
: > news:OcY7HbapKHA.1548(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: > : Huh?!?!?!?
: > :
: > : Weavertech89 wrote:
: > :
: > : > windows firewall is not any good. I use avast on windows and thats
it. I
: > : > use smoothwall for a firewall for all my computers. runs as an OS on
: > : > different tower and it does everything for me. it is free open
source
: > : > and you can't beat it. But unless you are networking you don't need
: > : > firewall. but on your anti-virus question I don't think so, most are
: > : > programs to protect and clean. but try it i guess.
: > : >
: > : >
: > :
: >
: >
:

From: 20100204 on

Unknown wrote:

> What purpose does a firewall serve if you are NOT networking???

To keep your mum out!
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Who cares? Who asked you?