From: SteveH on
Leythos wrote:
> In article <446fb1dd-34ac-4d8f-ac67-b410429567e2
> @q21g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, raylopez88(a)gmail.com says...
>>
>> On Mar 24, 12:20 am, Leythos <spam999f...(a)rrohio.com> wrote:
>>> In article <2b3461cc-d2b5-46c0-9fa3-32fd26e1418a@
>>> 33g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>, raylope...(a)gmail.com says...
>>>

>>> RL, you seem to be a combative personality type based on your posts.
>>>

>> Projection noted.
>>
>>> Many people that do REAL work use IM all over the planet, many
>>> development teams, support teams, etc...
>>
>> I suppose if you are in sales. Development teams? Why? Except for
>> group online meetings, and even, then (Skype video is better) I would
>> think email is better...but perhaps you're right.
>>

>>> What you seem to be missing is the concept of how malware is spread
>>> on windows machines - exploits and social engineering as well as
>>> drive-by web attacks. Like many malware spread via IM, Facebook,
>>> email, they all appear to be legit attachments, files, links, until
>>> you inspect them and for most people that's too late.
>>
>> Fine. THEORY. Give me a real work EXAMPLE Leythos.
>>

>>> I've already proven
>>
>> HA HA HA. A comedian. A combative comedian. Andrew Dice Clay your
>> show name?
>>

>>> that having an Antivirus solution doesn't protect
>>> you in all cases. We've all, at least those of us that run IT
>>> companies, have seen exploits get past "Local User" accounts, such
>>> as the SQL injection ones....
>>
>> BU LL S H IT. Now you've become the "Rex Ballard" of C.O.L.A. SQL
>> injection attacks are ancient history and obsolete, due to the way
>> commands are entered, parametrically, in ADO.NET (Windows database
>> language). I know, as I code. Any other falsehoods you care to
>> share?
>>

>>> So, running as a local user, with any version of anti-virus software
>>> from any vendor, all patches installed from MS, I've seen, first
>>> hand, hundreds of Windows WP and now Vista/Win 7 computers
>>> compromised.
>>
>> Nope. You have not seen. What you've seen (and I've seen this too)
>> is a corporation get infected because a user installed a virus by
>> mistake, and sent it around to co-workers (typically via email) who
>> did not have the latest AV patches installed on their machines.
>> Corporations use old hardware and software and are often behind the
>> times in Safe Hex.
>>

>>> Oh, and most of those computers were not using IM, didn't even have
>>> it installed.
>>>

>> Oh, really? Oh. Doubtful. How did they get infected then?
>
> Based on your cross posting changes, your inability to comprehend real
> issues and their causes, I can only assume that you're trolling.

Of course he's trolling. But he seems to be the sort of troll that likes
demonstrating how utterly stupid he is. The cure of course, is the same as
with all trolls, stop feeding him.

--
SteveH

From: Dustin Cook on
RayLopez99 <raylopez88(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:cc0f6771-bc19-478c-81f4-
dc1df36cfabd(a)q23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> On Mar 24, 11:32�pm, "SteveH" <steve.houghREM...(a)THISblueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> RayLopez99 wrote:
>>
>> > Troll or not, my points stand. Your 'point' is on your head. �Quit
>> > reading the signature line and start reading the content of the
post.

>> > RL
>>
>> Troll or Stupid, which is it?
>>
>> --
>> SteveH
>
> Neither. Begging for attention SteveH?
>
> What don't you understand about computers that's so difficult? Let me
> summarize this thread for you, since you don't like nuances, I'll keep
> it simple:
>
> Install your MSFT patches, keep your AV / malware shields up, get a
> firewall, and then you are safe from everything except esoteric hacks
> of IE from professional Chinese government computer scientists, or
> from zero-day attacks, which, as various knowledgeable posters have
> stated in this thread, are not that common anyway (by they time they
> become common, a patch is issued by Kaspersky and others).

Uhh, no.. actually, your not. It wouldn't take much programming work to
write some new malicious item which is going to evade ALL current
security AV/AM in place. If your really a coder as you said, you should
know this..

> Bottom line: Linux losers, quit spreading FUD about Windows and
> security. There is no security problem with Windows, properly
> maintained, as I defined it.

I'm not going to take a position on this one. I believe under the right
conditions you can secure a windows box; but the user won't be happy.
However, to just say keep your patches updated and keep your AV uptodate
WILL keep you safe is just.. irresponsible. It will keep you much safer,
yes, but your still not 100%.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Leythos on
In article <zwvqn.581268$5n1.388210(a)newsfe01.ams2>,
steve.houghREMOVE(a)THISblueyonder.co.uk says...
> Of course he's trolling. But he seems to be the sort of troll that likes
> demonstrating how utterly stupid he is. The cure of course, is the same as
> with all trolls, stop feeding him.

Sometimes it's fun to play with the trolls :-)

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <cc0f6771-bc19-478c-81f4-
dc1df36cfabd(a)q23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, raylopez88(a)gmail.com says...
> Bottom line: Linux losers, quit spreading FUD about Windows and
> security. There is no security problem with Windows, properly
> maintained, as I defined it.

You know, if you had clearly stated that the first time I think that
most of us would have agreed with you, but you didn't.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <Xns9D45D0D01A125HHI2948AJD832(a)69.16.185.250>,
bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com says...
> I removed the problem, fixed the system up as best as I could; and
> explained how to keep himself a little safer. As the customer is
> unwilling to obtain a legitimate copy of windows, I explained that either
> myself would be back or you'd be calling another person, but either way,
> your going to pay for the problems of a non updatable copy of windows.

If I have serious reason to believe a computer is using pirated software
I won't touch it - I provide a signed statement of the work we do,
including anything we suggest, it would leave us liable in the case of
an audit.

Trust yourself.