From: Ivaylo Krumov - MCSA on
That is exactly what we did here. It is absolutely right. The problem went
away once si updated the DLL.

From: Thomas Heikkila on
I am having the same issue (Windows XP SP3) and it started sometime after
3:00 PM CST on the 10th. I updated 20 PCs before then with no problem. I
tried to update more later on and that is when I started having problems.

Updating the Windows Update agent fixed the problem, but for me the install
package would actually update the files, I ahd to manually copy them from a
PC with the right versions.

What a pain in the !@#.

From: adminwendy on
this is happening to hundreds of computers at multiple businesses here.
Server 2003 and XP are affected. obviously no one is going to update several
hundred computers. microsoft needs to fix this.
perhaps updating the dll or agent would fix it, but this is 100%
unacceptable as this is affecting large scale numbers of pc's. techs like
myself are unable to manually update that many computers, not enough
resources.
From: ToddH on
I already had wuweb.dd version 7.4.7600.226 but still received the error. I
simply turned on the Automatic Updates option (was previously off) and
rebooted. Microsoft Updates is now working.

From: James on
Many thanks, and yest they need to fix this!!

Funny thing is, I was trying to check for Updates for my server that runs
WSUS when I encountered this...